Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
This topic is about Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✓ Pair 23: Lynn & Rachel (August 2014)

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Jul 26, 2014 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Blind Date Challenge: Lynn & Rachel

Task: A book with blood on cover

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 31, 2014 04:14AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Badges

photo taskX_zps7256078a.jpgdescription

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Added

Lynn Soooo a book with blood on a cover. Any ideas?

I have to say I'm struggling to find something I really want to read at the moment, especially as I'd prefer to read a standalone book (as I have enough series reads lined up currently - however I won't rule them out).

What I've found so far:
Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Rachel (rachelsreading) sorry! ive been busy volunteering :) Im going out right now but ill have a look when I get back and see what I find :)

Lynn No worries, just wanted to make sure you'd seen we have the task. We have plenty of time to sort it.

Lynn Hey Rachel, have you had chance to have a think about this?

Rachel (rachelsreading) thank you for sending me the link again! I dont know of any books, do you have anything you'd like to read?

Lynn The two that I put above I wouldn't mind reading but honestly, I can't find anything with blood on the cover that I really want to read :/

Rachel (rachelsreading) im the same, do you want to see if theres another available challenge?

message 11: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Are you allowed to do that?

Rachel (rachelsreading) im not sure, probably!

message 13: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Well why don't you ask and if we can then yes, let's do that.

Rachel (rachelsreading) Ive messaged her, I'll tell you as soon as I get a reply!

Rachel (rachelsreading) We're allowed to decline the task and choose any book we want, so, any ideas?

message 16: by Lynn (last edited Aug 20, 2014 09:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Ok, so from your to-read shelf that are also on mine and currently take my fancy are:

Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

message 17: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Soooooo?

Rachel (rachelsreading) Could we read Amy and Rogers Epic Detour? I alrrady have it and was planning on reading it today, actually!

message 19: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Yup, sure :)

message 20: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Have you read it yet? I started and finished it today, loved it!

Rachel (rachelsreading) im just about to! ive got it on my phone but I saw it in my local bookstore and it took so much willpower not to buy it right then and there

Rachel (rachelsreading) I just finished it, and omg that was really heavy for me considering I just lost my dad back in may. but it was absolutely brilliant

message 23: by Lynn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lynn Oh wow Rachel, yes I can see why that would be difficult for you :/

I am glad you still enjoyed it thought, it's such a lovely, sweet read. When I think back to it I'm still smiling.