Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)
This topic is about Shiver
BLIND DATE: ARCHIVED > ✓ Pair 36: Dory & Becca (August 2014)

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (last edited Jul 27, 2014 04:20PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Blind Date Challenge: Dory & Becca

Task: 300 pages or over

message 2: by Gisbelle (last edited Aug 04, 2014 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Badges

photo task_zps0d355b52.jpgdescription

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments How do we find out our task?

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments If we just pick a number then I would pick 17.. but our pair number is 36... so....?

message 5: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica | 802 comments You can pick any number 1-100. Your pair number doesn't have anything to do with it.

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Okay.. thank you.

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Added

message 8: by Dory (last edited Jul 28, 2014 11:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments We've choosen Shiver

Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

Becca Hasdintra | 66 comments What have you thought so far? To me the beginning was slow but now I don't want to put it down!

message 10: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Im going to start tomarrow... so its like on the first..

message 11: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Ive started this morning, Im on page 65 out of 308(22%~ish). Chapter 16, right after Sam gets onto the bed with Grace.... and i really like it. The beginning wasnt that slow. Sometimes a build up is better than flashbacks because then you understand more and it flows. The book flows well with me. Im just confused so far with why it shows the Fahrenheit at the start of each chapter.. my guess is to do with the be-wolf-or-not thing. Then again im not familiar with Fahrenheit, just like its spelling.

Becca Hasdintra | 66 comments I made the mistake of reading it's reviews (which werent great) before I started so I kinda started it close minded. Sam is only human when it's warm so to me it is signifying a sort of timeline. As the chapter progress the temperature starts to drop and that means they don't have much time left.

message 13: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Yeah. I try to resist from the critics, affects your reading. Just the star value from the review and the avg. Rating.

message 14: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments There is alot of critics here. And that makes sence. Since Sam suspects that this is his last change and all. Ive been reading upto now and will read more after this. What you up to?

Becca Hasdintra | 66 comments I've slowed down since I started before you. I'm on chapter 20 and I'm at work so I'm only reading on my breaks until tonight.

message 16: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Ive been reading all day..page 128 of 308, 41% and chapter 28. Jw.. ebook or physical copy?

ANNNDDDDD what do you think?

~I understand so much more now but dont know what the sequels could be about unless i give you a spoiler.. Im just gonna read up to the ending of a significant chapter and wait for you :)

Becca Hasdintra | 66 comments I read the description of the next two in the series so I kinda have an idea what to expect down the road! It wasn't available in my library as an ebook so I had to borrow the physical copy. How about you? I am really enjoying the book so far. I think the author did a very good job at answering questions that come up but still keeps you wanting more. I will definitely be finishing out this series!

message 18: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments I dont want to read blurbs of the next books... because they might spoil. Like if there is a near death experience in this one, and i find out in the blurb of the next that they person is alive.. then it spoils the moment. And im reading the ebook.

Im living off this book. And when you really want to figure something out you eventually do. But sometimes its good to "beg" for the answers when reading.. it makes you read.

Could you tell me what you have read up to and if you want to discuss something?

Becca Hasdintra | 66 comments How far are you? I don't want to spoil anything for you

message 20: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments Finished....

Becca Hasdintra | 66 comments What'd you think? I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was well written

message 22: by Dory (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dory (fishthatreads) | 377 comments I enjoyed it, it was well written throughout most of the book. But there were times when there could be more. Like the last chapter, or the death of Jack. I liked many parts, like when they visit the candy shop and when she finds sam shot at the beginning. You?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shiver (other topics)