What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA Novel with pink cover and a girl whose mom steals a RED car and then takes the daughter on a road trip. The daughter possibly has a rabbit and is abandoned at her aunt or grandma's house!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ibadat (new)

Ibadat Javed | 5 comments Hi, I have been looking for a book that I read ages ago-I remember random details and the plot really vaguely. Here it goes:

It is a Young Adult book with a pink cover and the main character is a teenage girl who watches Crime Watch and finds out about a stolen RED car. Her mother comes home, drinks a bottle of wine and tells her daughter they are leaving. Then the daughter mentions something about how much she hates when her mom drinks or how her mom changes so much after drinking and scares her. Her mother tell her they are leaving and she finds out her mom stole the red car. The daughter tries to say goodbye to her best friend's but the best friend's parents close the door on her, knowing about her mother. She yells out something emotional to her friend. The mother, her boyfriend, and the daughter leave but for some reason I don't remember, her mother leaves the daughter at a relative's house (an aunt or grandmother, possibly). I think she finds out a lot about her mother too and gets a pony for some reason.

That's all I remember and I know that it's probably really difficult to understand but if anyone knows the title or the author of this book, please let me know and you'll be rewarded in gratitude. ;) THANK YOU SO MUCH for any help you may provide!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4731 comments How many years ago did you read this book?

message 3: by Ibadat (new)

Ibadat Javed | 5 comments Hi Tab, thanks for responding! I read this book 4 years ago, in 2010.

message 4: by Ibadat (new)

Ibadat Javed | 5 comments I just realized that it might be something by Jacqueline Wilson, has anyone read a similar book by her? :)

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36973 comments Mod
Ibadat, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it by Jacqueline Wilson?

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 36973 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Ibadat, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it by Jacqueline Wilson?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.