Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2009! > Gail's goodreads

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gail (new)

Gail I started writing titles of books I read starting in June( although I read some from Jan -May) so I'll start with June-Aug.
1. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak. loved it
2. Devil in the White City hated it
3. Charmed, Enchanted by Nora Roberts ok
4. Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell really liked it
5. Dark Summer by Iris Johansen liked it-not my fave
6. Handle with Care by Jodie Picoult ok, hated ending, much prefer her Sister's Keeper
7. Phantom Prey by John Sandford really good-different
8. Lovely and Dead by Charlaine Harris- ok
9. Love Bites by Lynley sands ok
10. Judas Virus pretty interesting
11. Silent Cradle eh-ok
12. You've Been Warned by James Patterson pretty good
13. Dewey, the library cat. really liked it except for the end-do we really have to read about his death?
14. Once Upon a castle...not so much
15. Carved in Bone by Jefferson Bass really good
16. Nemesis ok
17. Boy in the Striped Pajamas really liked it
18. reread harry potter and the Half Blood Prince-loved it again
19. Private Scandals by Nora Roberts better than avg.
20. Speaking in Tongues by Jeffrey Deaver really enjoyed
21. Likely to Die by Linda Fairstein pretty good
22. Serpent's Tale by Ariana Franklin loved it!
23. Mistress of the Art of Death by Ariana Franklin- read it in May love this series!
24. Homer's Odyssey- one of my new favorites. Absolutely loved it!
25. Relentless by Dean Koontz pretty good but not as good as his usually are.
26. Sweet Anger by Sandra Brown ok
27. Shadow of the Wind and
28 Sombra del Viento by
Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I read it in English and Spanish-fabulous book! new favorite. Ya'gotta read it
29. City of Bones by cassandra Clare- read it free online.. pretty good book.
30. Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris. pretty good and she wrote it BEFORE Twilight
31. Roadside Crosses by Jeffrey Deaver- loved it! super clever way he used an online blog you can go to
32. her Mother's Shadow by Diane Chamberlain pretty good
33.Pepita Jimenez. reread Spanish book.love the ending.

message 2: by Gail (new)

Gail 34. Deadlock by Iris Johansen-pretty good

35. Relic by Preston and Child -scary, butgood

message 3: by Gail (new)

Gail 36. Diane Chamberlain's Before the Storm. liked it although all her families seem to be dysfunctional.The reading will slow down now that school is starting and I have six classes and 5 preps...

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail 37. Whisky Sour by JA Konrath- fun book. Ok parts were gory but enjoyed this mixture of Evanovich and Cornwell

message 5: by Gail (new)

Gail 38. The Cat who went to Paris by Peter Gethers. fun!!

message 6: by Gail (new)

Gail 39. Shiver by Lisa Jackson. I couldn't read it at night...scary

message 7: by Gail (new)

Gail 40. The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly

message 8: by Gail (new)

Gail 41. Reliquary. I dreamed about it!

message 9: by Gail (last edited Sep 16, 2009 02:15PM) (new)

Gail 42. Nissistissit Witch- good idea- HORRIBLE editing. Very difficult to keep reading

message 10: by Gail (new)

Gail 43. Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts...ok
44. the Brass Verdict by Michale Connelly very good

message 11: by Gail (new)

Gail 45. The presence by Heather Graham...ok
46. Hidden Riches by Nora Roberts ok

message 12: by Gail (last edited Sep 30, 2009 02:21AM) (new)

Gail 47. The Bone Garden by Tess Gerritsen. I loved this book! It scared me so much I screamed when I heard a noise... but it combined scariness with history ( Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. ,deathbed fever, resurrectionists(body snatchers), etc. I have read lots of her books and enjoyed them, but this is her best by far.

message 13: by Gail (new)

Gail 48. The Hunger Games Good book- not what I expected

message 14: by Gail (new)

Gail 49. Getting the Girl by Zusak

message 15: by Gail (new)

Gail 50. Cabinet of Curiosities by Preston Childs - really good book!
51. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebols- I read this years ago and just reread it yesterday- I had forgotten a lot of it. Really unique book- loved it ( again)

message 16: by Gail (new)

Gail 52. Run for your Life by James Patterson and Michael...

message 17: by Gail (new)

Gail 53.good bookThe Keepsake The Keepsake (Jane Rizzoli & Maura Isles, #7) by Tess Gerritsen

message 18: by Gail (last edited Oct 24, 2009 07:36AM) (new)

Gail 54. scary thought Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
55. creepy Sweetheartby Chelsea Cain
56. really good play-lots of cromatism and symbolism La casa de Bernarda Alba by Federico Garcia Lorca
57. one of my favorite authorsArticulos Literarios Dia de difuntos is pretty apropos right now- time for day of the dead.. Mariano de Larra

58.Don Juan Tenorio like this better than Burlador by Molina
59. La Princesse de Clèves good book

message 19: by Gail (new)

Gail 60. the Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts Blue Dahlia (In The Garden trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts I liked the info about gardening. Obviously she does a lot of research when she writes

I am reading about 5 books right now, so I tend to finish a lot at once. The above book is one of my read-at-red-lights book because I don't have to concentrate so much. I'm also working on The Gargoyle,Girl with the Dragon tattoo, Rebecca(reread), Les Fleurs du Mal, Woman in White(but it's an ebook and I don't like to sit and readat the computer)and just bought Harry Potter and Philosophy to use as I teach book one in Spanish 5...

message 20: by Gail (new)

Gail 61. Girl with the dragon tattoo The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson stunning book. I want to read the next, but need time to breath after finishing dragon and right on its tail...

62. The Gargoyle The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

breath-taking

message 21: by Gail (new)

Gail 63. Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain. This writer must have nightmares- deliciously gruesome. Evil at Heart (Gretchen Lowell, #3) by Chelsea Cain

64. Cross Country by James Patterson and someone else. did not like- too many explanation marks that were distracting plus I "Knew" I was reading instead of being engrossed. disappointing. Cross Country (Alex Cross, #14) by James Patterson

message 22: by Gail (new)

Gail 65. Little Brother by Cory Doctorow Little Brother by Cory Doctorow one of the "battle of the books" books. I think the kids will really like the computer tech info

message 23: by Gail (new)

Gail 66. Illuminating Angels and Demons by Simon Cox Illuminating Angels & Demons The Unauthorized Guide to the Facts Behind Dan Brown's Bestselling Novel by Simon Cox interesting and some good inside info

message 24: by Gail (new)

Gail 67. Suck it up by Brian Meehl Suck It Up by Brian Meehl fun book! loved the wordplay

68. The Uglies by Scott Westerfield Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld interesting

message 25: by Gail (new)

Gail 69. You suck by Christopher Moore You Suck A Love Story by Christopher Moore

70. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson wow- amazing book. It's so sad the author died and I only have one more to read in the series. Ah well, guess I'll read them in Spanish and French next.

message 26: by Gail (new)

Gail 71. the Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman really enjoyed this book

message 27: by Gail (last edited Dec 16, 2009 02:24AM) (new)

Gail 72. reread Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier [image error]
73. Size 12 is not Fat by Meg Cabot. I laughed. Cute book Size 12 Is Not Fat (Heather Wells, #1) by Meg Cabot
74. The Shack by William P. Young. thought-provoking The Shack by William P. Young
75. The Pretties by Scott Westerfield Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld
76.Every boy's got one by Meg Cabot Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3) by Meg Cabot funny

message 28: by Gail (new)

Gail 77. The Boy Next door by Meg Cabot- cute The Boy Next Door (Boy, #1) by Meg Cabot

message 29: by Gail (new)

Gail 78. Scarpetta factor by cornwell. Good book The Scarpetta Factor (Kay Scarpetta, #17) by Patricia Cornwell