What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Young romance- falling in love with her best friend featuring a colorful gran, dealing drugs and rekindled friendships [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments I read a book where the main character lives with her colourful gran (sometimes smokes pot, hip hop dancing etc) and is in love with her best friend called Jake/Jack- high school football star, popular. She doesn't think he returns the feelings so she tries to move on with the new boy Riley (I think that's the name) who is on the same running team. Jake/Jack starts showing feeling towards her and confuses her and puts their friendship in jeopardy. She also reconnects with a guy who she and Jack/Jake used to be friends with Quinn. Jack/Jake is also involved in selling drugs to make a little extra cash, he got into
it through helping Quinn through a situation he got into about the drugs. Jack/Jake agrees to stop with the drug selling and hard partying for the main character. He decides he wants to give a relationship a go but she's dating Riley and doesn't know if she wants to risk breaking things off in-case Jack/Jake changes his mind again

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39320 comments Mod
So is it YA then, or NA? When did you read it?

message 3: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments it's ya and I read it about 8 months ago

message 4: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 5 comments Do you remember anything about the cover?

message 5: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments no I don't sorry

message 6: by Christie (new)

Christie | 153 comments It's been a while since I read this one, so I don't remember much about it except that it has three characters a girl Clair, and two guys, Jack and Raine, and one of them gets the girl, but the other is in love with her as well. I don't think it matches your description exactly, but may be worth a look anyway.

Summer Raine

message 7: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments added note the girl ends up choosing her best friend Jake/Jack

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35178 comments Mod
Trisha, are you suggesting the Pepper Jones series by Ali Dean? https://www.goodreads.com/series/1230...

message 9: by Jade (new)

Jade Kellas | 24 comments yeh i think thats actually it, it has been a while since i've read the book so i could of got the names wrong

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Summer Raine (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ali Dean (other topics)