Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Jul 25, 2014 09:15PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Hello Everyone. I'm not sure if there was a thread regarding this or not. Between schoo,work, and my goodreads and Pintrest addiction, my leisurely reading time is almost non-existent. I can listen to audiobooks via headphones at work. Can anyone recommend any IR audiobooks? Thanks.

message 2: by Paganalexandria (last edited Jul 26, 2014 10:24AM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4060 comments Hi Michelle, I haven't read this one yet, but someone on the deal thread hipped me that if download Game, Set, Match by Nina Malone http://www.amazon.com/Game-Match-Humo... free, you can get the audiobook for $0.99. http://www.amazon.com/Game-Set-Match/... I haven't listened to it yet either.

message 3: by Paganalexandria (last edited Jul 26, 2014 01:01PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4060 comments Also see if this $10.00 audioble credit is still valid;

https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?open...

message 4: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thanks Pagan!!

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments There just are NOT many IR audiobooks to be found. I sxoured the net last year for days and came up with maybe three, Game Set Matcb bsing the only one I would even REMOTELY refer to as real literature.

I think its gonna be a while before we start seeing them available in the types of numbers that scratch the surface of the deluge we have in IR offerings.

message 6: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments Yeah, it will be awhile before we see anything when it comes to credible IR offerings in audiobook.

Audiobooks cost money to produce. You have to pay the narrator plus production/studio costs. I know Amazon has a program for Indie pubbed authors, but the money comes either from them upfront out of pocket or they have to share a percentage of sales and digital rights with the producers on the back end.

Since it doesn't seem that a lot of indie authors spring for professional editing or original cover art costs, I can't imagine them paying for audio production costs.

I can see why Nana Malone would be able to do it. Her stuff feels polished and professional. She markets well. She has a deep bench and she has crossover appeal.

message 7: by Mz. (new)

Mz. Kim  (ktluvs2read) | 114 comments I have ALL of Nana Malone's audiobooks! I listen to them when I need a quick get away I would strongly recommend them.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments When I need a change of pace from music at work, I just have to go mainstream with audiobooks. Best Ive ever heard are Brockman's Troubleshooyer series and a lot of Susan Elizabeth Phillips work. They both have top notch actors/narrators that really pull you in.

message 9: by Tina (new)

Tina | 8 comments @Savannah - The Susan Elizabeth Phillips books read by Anna Fields are, imo, a gold standard in audiobook listening. She is phenomenal.

If you are ever tempted to start the JD Robb In Death series, Susan Ericksen, the narrator of those are fantastic. I don't even buy the books anymore when they come. I go straight to the audiobooks. I always have some audible credits lying around.

Paganalexandria  | 4060 comments Tina wrote: "@Savannah - The Susan Elizabeth Phillips books read by Anna Fields are, imo, a gold standard in audiobook listening. She is phenomenal.

If you are ever tempted to start the JD Robb In Death serie..."

I'm like that with the Stephanie Plum series. I love the way Lorelei King brings those characters to life in the audiobooks. I'm lukewarm on reading the books, but listening to it feels like the movie. Actually twenty times better than the real movie they made of the first book.

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Tina, I did somebof the Robb books and thought the narration was outstanding. Not a huge fan of the series though. Thise are the futuristic ones, right?

Girl I went all fan stalker specifically looking for titles read by Anna Fields only to find out that she passed away a few years ago. Flood. I got everything she did for Phillips and a few others. What a loss.

But the guy that does Brockmann's TS series is AMAZING. Patrick Lawlor. Seriously he makes those books for me. I refuse to even read em anymore because he just IS Seal Team 16 for me now.

Biggest audio fail on a popular series has got to be the guy that does Ward's Brotherhood. Sounds like someone's uptight 60 year old uncle reading all that slang. Ridiculous.

Paganalexandria  | 4060 comments Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva wrote: "Tina, I did somebof the Robb books and thought the narration was outstanding. Not a huge fan of the series though. Thise are the futuristic ones, right?

Girl I went all fan stalker specifically l..."

Savannah, my favorite audiobooks period are any of Karen Marie Monings' books because they are narrated by the amazing Phil Gigante. That man's voice sound be patented for adults only. lol

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva wrote: "Tina, I did somebof the Robb books and thought the narration was outstanding. Not a huge fan of the series though. Thise are the futuristic ones,..."

Gigante is good too!!!

And yes, I know I'm ultra late with this. Whatever. Just got to looking around and noticing stuff directed at me lol.

message 14: by Tamekia (new)

Tamekia | 87 comments In Jack's Arms by Roxie Rivera
Broken Open by Lauren Dane
Their Virgin Secretary by Shayla Black
Trapped Into Marriage, Skin Deep, Safehouse, by Dez Burke
Deadly Games by Jaycee Clark
Hold on by Laverne Thompson
Secrets and Satin by Liliana Hart
Some of my favorite IR audiobooks!

message 15: by Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (last edited May 22, 2015 12:52PM) (new)

Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva (quadmom2005) | 1490 comments Tamekia wrote: "In Jack's Arms by Roxie Rivera
Broken Open by Lauren Dane
Their Virgin Secretary by Shayla Black
Trapped Into Marriage, Skin Deep, Safehouse, by Dez Burke
Deadly Games by Jaycee Clark
Hold on by L..."

Nice! That's at least a good selection considering they are hard to come by! I've read the Rivera and Dane books but not the others.

message 16: by Reading (new)

Reading Deva | 498 comments Dancing on The Edge Of the Roof By Sheila Williams BWNAM
The Color of love By Sandra Kitt
Close encounters By Sandra Kitt
Boaz Brown By Michelle Stimpson
Rafael K Victoria Chase
are some of My fav.. IR Audio