Horror Aficionados discussion

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 862 comments Watching the latest Riddick movie on cable.

Any other fans of this series out there?

(shan) Littlebookcove (littlebookcove) | 137 comments I love riddick I recently went to lost planet. a comic store we have in London to see if they had the comics but they didn't. :-(

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I am, Vin Diesel was cast well for the role. Pitch Black is my favorite, but they're all worth watching.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Jags The series goes up and down for me. Started really strong with Pitch Black, lost me a bit in the second one, and almost recovered my interest in the third. My problem is that the Riddick character is beginning to feel like self-parody.

message 5: by Mochaspresso (new)

Mochaspresso  | 18 comments I loved Pitch Black and thought Chronicles was okay. I was a huge Vin Diesel fan but I got tired of him reprising the same roles over and over of late.

message 6: by Latasha (new)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10650 comments Mod
my husband loves them and I think I've seen them all as well but we were talking about them the other day and I'm mixing them all up. I clearly remember pitch black, though. I saw that in theaters way back then! lol

message 7: by Katy (new)

Katy Mann | 862 comments Erin (Paperback Stash) wrote: "I am, Vin Diesel was cast well for the role. Pitch Black is my favorite, but they're all worth watching."

I liked both Pitch Black and the Chronicles. I'm just seeing Riddick for the first time, and it's becoming a little repetitive. Still liked it.

The "dingo" dog was an interesting touch.

At least they didn't seem to discuss his eyes as much in this latest one, though the light played on them a lot.

message 8: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 6740 comments I saw the latest Riddick film but I didn't like it as much as I thought I would.

message 9: by Bittman (new)

Bittman  (bittman) | 46 comments Katy wrote: "Erin (Paperback Stash) wrote: "I am, Vin Diesel was cast well for the role. Pitch Black is my favorite, but they're all worth watching."

I liked both Pitch Black and the Chronicles. I'm just seei..."

How come only liked and not like?

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 875 comments I agree with some others who said the second was weaker. To me it was a little too out there. The third came back a little but doesn't touch the first one.

message 11: by Alissa (new)

Alissa (alissamerritt) | 141 comments I love Riddick. Chronicles is in my top 5 movies of all time.