Crafty Readers discussion

Books > Book of the Month Nomination

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) Here we can nominate books to read together each month. We'll start with two books a month and move on from there. Once enough books are suggested (10-20) I'll open a poll for us all to vote on.

message 2: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace Floresca (emjidi) | 12 comments Can I nominate more than one? :)

1. The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

2. The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks

3. NOS4A2 by Joe Hill

message 3: by Alley (new)

Alley Kat (alleykat666) Yup! I second The Rithmatist!

I also nominate The Gunslinger by Stephen King and Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

message 4: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace Floresca (emjidi) | 12 comments Nice! Mistborn is on my to-read list and I really enjoy books by Stephen King. :) It looks like it's going to be a tough decision so far.

message 6: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace Floresca (emjidi) | 12 comments Robin wrote: "Free to Fall by Lauren Miller, Death Sworn (Death Sworn, #1) by Leah Cypess, and Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes"

Free to Fall looks like an interesting concept. We're one book short of ten. Oh noes!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Anything written by Brandon Sanderson I will read in a heartbeat. Stephen King is always good, too.

I'll throw in Jasper Fforde's Shades of Grey (Don't worry, not 50 Shades! This is dystopian). I've seen a lot of good reviews for it and could be interesting.