What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mystery set in modern Ireland, American woman searches for ancient relics

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skyla (last edited Jul 25, 2014 07:08PM) (new)

Skyla | 1 comments So the book is a mystery, but its not a crime novel. It's set in modern day Ireland and the protagonist is an American woman. She traveled to Ireland I think because of the death/will reading of someone she knew (I don't remember the relationship)

The will set up some sort of mystery race for everyone to go searching for lost celtic relics and whoever found them got the entire estate. I don't remember if there was any element of fantasy in the book, but if there was, it wasn't a major point throughout the book. The relics, though, were all real ancient artifacts.

The protagonist was searching around with her friend/boyfriend (again, don't remember the relationship clearly) and his daughter, who, for some reason, only spoke backwards. She even spoke words backwards, not just sentences.

I also remember a scene in the book where the three of them were on a boat and something happened. I don't actually remember what, but I remember the daughter saying something backwards, which caused confusion because nobody understood her backward talking.

I'll keep updating if I remember more!
Thanks!

OddModicum Rachel (oddmodicumrachel) | 42 comments I don't know, sorry, but it sounds great! I'll keep watching to see if anyone else figures out the title. ;) I really loved Cross Bones (Kathy Reich's Temperance Brennan 'Bones' series) because she was researching ancient remains w relics in Israel and there was a whole early christianity thing happening.

message 3: by Kajehas (new)

Kajehas | 37 comments The Celtic Riddle (Lara McClintoch Archeological Mystery #4)
by Lyn Hamilton

The reading of the last will of wealthy Eamon Byrne sets off a murder spree and a treasure hunt in the Irish countryside, and antiques dealer Lara McClintoch is in the middle of the action.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33427 comments Mod
The Celtic Riddle by Lyn Hamilton for Kajehas' suggestion.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Skyla, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Jenkins | 77 comments Skyla,
Does it feature the Cliffs of Moher and an archaeologist who has an Irish Wolfhound?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Celtic Riddle (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lyn Hamilton (other topics)