Christian Historical Fiction discussion

Gilbert Morris > The sword of Truth , By Gilbert Morris

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth  (rguerrier-pierre) | 8 comments I read this book a long time ago and recently I re-read it.It is an amazing book. It is book one in the series. Has anyone a read it?What did they think?

message 2: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Chind (cherryblossommj) | 395 comments Mod
I haven't read it yet, but it is on my tbr list for sure it looks extremely intriguing!

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth  (rguerrier-pierre) | 8 comments It is !

message 4: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 26 comments I was happy to see a good vote for this book since I just found and ordered it off Half.com. I liked that there were more in the series so that if I like it can continue the story.

message 5: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 26 comments Well I am now a good chunk of the way into this book and am truly enjoying it. While it is Set in the time of Henry VIII it, so far, has had nothing really to do with him (which is fine since I just like the time period, does not have to revolve around Old Henry). The book is about Myles and the first part covered his early years up to 18. Giving a background on him as a person and how he was raised by his mom and how they lived. He has so far met Tyndale but has not had any real dealings with him (the back cover says he is torn between court life and helping Tyndale so assume he sees him again soon)
I am enjoying this book so much, I have already ordered the next few books in the series to have for reading. I think Gilbert Morris will end up being a new Fav author for me.

message 6: by Margaret (new)

Have you read Honor in the Dust A Novel? I think that (just came out Sept 2009) is a prequel to The Sword of Truth...

message 7: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 26 comments NO I saw it on here but have not found a copy yet. I did not realize it was a prequel. I am sure it should be good then. I will have to look harder for it now.

message 8: by Margaret (new)

It is fabulous. It was my first experience with Gilbert Morris and will not be my last. Click it to read my review and see what I thought.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments He is a great author! I've read his Cheney Duvall M.D. series and Cheney and Shiloh:Inheritance series. He wrote those with his wife. They are really good. She's a woman Dr. who kinda paves the way for women in medicine. The Creole Series is good too. I've read the first two books in it, there are too more that I have yet to read. I started reading him in high school and loved him.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 313 comments I've read a couple of the Winslow series, but that was when I had no time. I need to go back and read those and his Lone Star Legacy.

message 11: by Charmaine (new)

Charmaine (empress_charla) | 114 comments I have read the first two books of the House of Winslow series. The first book especially is really good! :-D I'd like to read the Cheney Duvall series because I like medical stuff. :-) And of course I want to read the sword of truth and honor in the dust!

message 12: by Margaret (new)

Oh and book #2 of the Winslow Breed series (prequel series the House of Winslow series) is for 2010. When the Heavens Fall A Winslow Breed Novel

message 13: by Wen (new)

Wen (thespoilingone) | 26 comments Margaret wrote: "Oh and book #2 of the Winslow Breed series (prequel series the House of Winslow series) is for 2010. When the Heavens Fall A Winslow Breed Novel"

The Sword of Truth is book #1 in the Wakefield Dynasty not the Winslow ones. I just got in my order of the first few of the Winslow ones from a half .com order. I was thinking they might be the same but do not seem to be connected from what I have read of the backs of the Winslow ones. They look really good too.

On the Sword of Truth I am down to the last 100 pages or so and really loving it. Myles is growns now and helping Tyndale as the back of the book hinted at. I like how Morris handled all the 'court life' stuff in the book. It was well done in the stating what wildness was going on with out 'saying it in detail'

In my shippment of the Winslow books I got book #2 of the Wakefield ones and it looks to pick up where The Sword of Truth will leave off so Yay.