Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: August 16 to September 15, 2014

Comments Showing 1-50 of 164 (164 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Jul 25, 2014 03:53PM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Duration: August 16 to September 15, 2014
Partners will be picked on: August 15

In this challenge you will only be reading books that you haven't spent a cent on. (example: free ebooks, books from library, books given to you as presents, etc.)

Guidelines for this challenge
1. Sign up ahead of time so we can create pairs
2. Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins and link it when you sign up.
3. You choose 3 books from your partner's shelf for your partner to read. Let your partner know why you pick those books for him/her.
4. Your partner picks three books from your shelf for you to read. You don't have to read all 3, one should be enough for you to complete this challenge.
5. After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

If you have questions, please post them HERE

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 3: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (last edited Aug 15, 2014 06:03PM) (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Partners:

1. Nasrin and Jessica
2. Gisbelle and Irene
3. Adriana and Taylor
4. Mandiann and Sophie
5. Athena and Emily
6. Trisha and Jasmine
7. Sarah and Dory
8. Miodrag and Bre
9. Kathryn and Patricia
10. Tammie and Trinity
11. Hannah and Leah
12. Kathy and Sarah
13. Vicki and Jessica

message 4: by Rin (last edited Jul 25, 2014 03:56PM) (new)

Rin (nasrinnie) | 151 comments Oh I'd love to do this!

I'll start making the shelf

message 5: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Nasrin wrote: "Oh I'd love to do this!"

Great! Could you link me to a shelf so your partner has somewhere to pick your books from?

message 6: by Paulina (new)

Paulina (littledreammer) | 279 comments The shelf that we will create for our partners must have books read by us or we can choose those that we want?

message 7: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Paulina, this list should have books you haven't read. Preferably books you didn't pay for (books you got as presents, library books, free ebooks, etc) but you can really use any books. That way when you are paired up with a partner, that partner can go through and pick 3 books for you to read.

message 8: by Mandiann (new)

Mandiann (goodreadscommandiann) | 7495 comments Yay!! Here is my shelf but I will edit it before the challenge starts.

message 9: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

message 11: by Rin (new)

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige Hello! Im sorry for the inconvenience i am about to cause, but I do not understand still what this is. (I am new to goodreads). It says to create a shelf, but then what??

Again, super sorry for not understanding!

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Create a shelf and then link it here. Then on the 15th partners will be assigned and they will pick 3 books of the shelf for you to read during the month and you will do the same for them. No need to be sorry. :)

message 14: by Vicki (last edited Jul 25, 2014 05:12PM) (new)

message 15: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Vicki wrote: "Add me, please! :o)"

What shelf should I use? I am guessing this one? https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 16: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Vicki wrote: "Add me, please! :o)"

What shelf should I use? I am guessing this one? https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

Yes, I posted mu shelf in message 15.

message 17: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks! I just didn't see it and then noticed after you edited it. :)

message 18: by Athena (new)

Athena Funtowicz  | 6 comments sign me up

message 19: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Athena wrote: "sign me up"

I need a link to a shelf for the challenge. :)

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 7950 comments Me too please! :D

My shelf:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 23: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Lake | 249 comments I'm in! I've been waiting for this for a while.

My shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 24: by Sarah (last edited Jul 26, 2014 04:15PM) (new)

Sarah | 1737 comments This sounds fun! Here's my shelf (books will be added before the challenge starts): https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 25: by Adriana (last edited Jul 26, 2014 08:04PM) (new)

Adriana Stone | 357 comments I'm in :) Here is my list :) I'm still planning on adding more books.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

I am in :)

message 27: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Lydia wrote: "I am in :)"

I need a link to a shelf. :)

message 28: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Boatright | 578 comments Can it be books I bought?

message 29: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Boatright | 578 comments Ignore last post please

message 30: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Whitney wrote: "Can it be books I bought?"

Yes. We prefer to have books you didn't pay for but it doesn't really matter. :)

message 31: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Boatright | 578 comments So really it can be books we bought anyway? Sorry for confusion

message 32: by Whitney (new)

Whitney Boatright | 578 comments Ok thank you :-)

message 33: by Miodrag ★❥ (new)

Miodrag ★❥ | 897 comments OMG I missed this challenge... waited and waited for new one... (what to say? I really love this challenge XD) ...and here it is, finally starting soon! :D

I am -of course- IN!
Link to my pick-me-a-winner shelf: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 34: by Vagos (new)

Vagos How many books should i add to my shelf?

message 35: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Vagos wrote: "How many books should i add to my shelf?"

I would say at least 10 or so.

message 36: by Vagos (new)

Vagos Jacquelyn wrote: "Vagos wrote: "How many books should i add to my shelf?"

I would say at least 10 or so."

OK thanks! It would be a problem to find many books cause my local library has only a few interesting books :'(

message 37: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I totally understand.

message 38: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 3 comments Do the books have to be YA? Or can they be whatever?

message 39: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Patricia wrote: "Do the books have to be YA? Or can they be whatever?"

They can be whatever.

message 40: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 28, 2014 04:57PM) (new)

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but if we have any ARC copies can we add them on our list or do they have to be published already?

message 41: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Sarah wrote: "If we have any ARC copies can we add them on our list or do they have to be published already?"

ARCS can be added. :)

message 42: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone | 357 comments what's an ARC book ?

message 43: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Adriana wrote: "what's an ARC book ?"

Advanced Reader Copy. They are books that haven't been released yet that reviewers get to give them a review.

message 44: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Stone | 357 comments Okay thanks. :)

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

message 46: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Let me know if any links don't work.

« previous 1 3 4