Literary Horror discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Monthly Reads > August is Nearly Upon Us

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Randolph, Randy (last edited Jul 25, 2014 02:58PM) (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 163 comments Time flies when you're reading M.R. James. We are going to read Nathan Ballingrud's North American Lake Monsters: Stories in August. It received the second most votes in the last poll and a decent enough number to just jump to it without another poll. It is a slender volume unlike the current James' tome.

It is available in all formats. Looking at the reviews, we will not be disappointed.

message 2: by Randolph, Randy (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 163 comments The first post had the wrong book. It is corrected now. It is: North American Lake Monsters: Stories.

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve O'rourke | 47 comments When I first saw this title back a couple of months, I thought it was a non-fiction book. XD

message 4: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin | 120 comments cannibalgod wrote: "If anyone is checking this thread:
is there any particular way the book will be discussed? Are people supposed to read a story, then discuss that one? It looks like people are already reading the s..."

It's all very relaxed. Just comment as you read. People join in when they can. Hope you enjoy it!

message 5: by Randolph, Randy (new)

Randolph (us227381) | 163 comments cannibalgod wrote: "If anyone is checking this thread:
is there any particular way the book will be discussed? Are people supposed to read a story, then discuss that one? It looks like people are already reading the s..."

cannibalgod:

The thread you want for August discussion is not here but here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

I know there are a few still reading Collected Ghost Stories and this discussion from July is here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

We tend to follow the TOC of the book and the discussion is whatever people feel moved to contribute. I don't really facilitate but I do, as the moderator, try to prime the pump so to speak if things are lagging a bit.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.