The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) The Lightning Thief discussion

What are Percy Jackson Fans Called?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Ruby (last edited Jul 25, 2014 02:55PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Hi! I'm curious to see what people say for this. I personally came up with Percipens. What do you think? Everyone come up with at least one :)

Ruby Demigods are kids of the gods, not Percy fans...

Ruby I came up with Percipens, kinda like Riptide and...yeah....

Ruby Alright, well what about other than that?

Babafaba(Hypnos)((Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore))(((Scuttle)))((((Scar)))) Um, I think another official name is Half-Bloods. Percipens is quite good and maybe I would agree with you but it seems like a name for the fans of the first series only. How about something about the whole team of the seven?

Ruby Ummmm........Hmmmmmmmm

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

The Olympains? That involves both series.

message 10: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha How about Heroes?? We're Heroes!! :D Or maybe Half-Bloods.

Matthew You know, not every fandom needs a silly nickname, especially because said nicknames often become targets of ridicule. So, I'll settle for "Percy Jackson fans".

message 12: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha But then again Percy Jackson Fans only imply PJO series and not HoO. Why not say 'Heroes of Olympus fans'? Because Heroes does include Percy Jackson.

Matthew Neha (Athena) (Queen Elinor) wrote: "But then again Percy Jackson Fans only imply PJO series and not HoO. Why not say 'Heroes of Olympus fans'? Because Heroes does include Percy Jackson."

That works too.

Aisling awesome people

message 15: by Stephen (last edited Jul 26, 2014 12:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Stephen Well if the characters in The Lightning Thief et. al. are called Half-bloods perhaps their fans should be called half-wits

;-)

message 16: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary the fandom in general is called demigods. I don't think we have names for the individual characters though (beside ship names)
demigods is what most fans on tumblr go by.

Kelly Brigid ♡ The fandom is known as demigods, I believe. :3

Khyati I think "Fans of Olympus" would be good !

Olivia Olympians?
but I also like heroes

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

I like the Olympians.

message 21: by ΔMΠΔ IΩβΔL (Demigod/Lunartic) (last edited Jul 31, 2014 02:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ΔMΠΔ IΩβΔL  (Demigod/Lunartic) maybe Percy-nators????

honestly i think demigods is the best. the hunger games fans are called tributes so why can't we be demigods?????? Heroes is good too, except there are like a million heroes in this world and if you say u r a hero the other person is probably going to ask you "r u superman or batman?" =P

the term demigods is only in percy jackson so it will be easier for other people to take a guess on it.

Sabreen I've heard most people call themselves Olympians

Riley Lopez I vote for Olympians why don't we take a vote????????????????;)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Vote is a good idea. I say OLYMPIANS!!!

message 25: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha OLYMPIANS for sure!!

Alicia "Fans of Olympus" sounds original

Kalina Demigods, almost everyone i know that's a fan is using that, ad it's the collest, we are part of the game that way :D.

message 28: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha Hmm...maybe Demigods, then? Because that way we'll be part of Both Olympus as well as Mortal world.

Vanessa The Percy Jackson peeps?

Abhinav Vanessa wrote: "The Percy Jackson peeps?"

SERIOUSLY?

Abhinav maybe percynians??

Chaya Kmaefantasy wrote: "I like the Olympians."

Me too.

Chaya Percians?

Allison Alicia wrote: ""Fans of Olympus" sounds original"

That's cool.

Chloe Stephen wrote: "Well if the characters in The Lightning Thief et. al. are called Half-bloods perhaps their fans should be called half-wits

;-)"

That is my favorite one so far, I literally almost cried. This man needs credit for his post.

Chaya Chloe wrote: "Stephen wrote: "Well if the characters in The Lightning Thief et. al. are called Half-bloods perhaps their fans should be called half-wits

;-)"

That is my favorite one so far, I lit..."

But we are not half-wits!!

Chloe Chaya wrote: "Chloe wrote: "Stephen wrote: "Well if the characters in The Lightning Thief et. al. are called Half-bloods perhaps their fans should be called half-wits

;-)"

That is my favorite one..."

Yes, I know, but I respect a good burn. So do not get your panties in a twist. I simply enjoyed his humor on the subject, I could care less what others call us.

Chaya i enjoyed the humor, but i don't think that's a good name.

also "panties in a twist"?? That's new. ;D

Chloe Chaya wrote: "i enjoyed the humor, but i don't think that's a good name.

also "panties in a twist"?? That's new. ;D"

It is so not a good name, I actually liked half-bloods. But that's just me, how about you?

Chaya Yeah, I like half-bloods 2. :)

Chloe Chaya wrote: "Yeah, I like half-bloods 2. :)"

It can't be too long and it can't be something that others could ridicule.

Chaya Yeah. Everybody can make fun of anything

Chloe Chaya wrote: "Yeah. Everybody can make fun of anything"

Sadly that is true, but there is nothing we can do about that so whatever.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Seriously. We are never gonna agree on one thing, and just because a few Goodread-ers say this is a good name doesn't make it official. I'm pretty sure its just "the people who like Percy Jackson". But I like the idea of creating a different name. Olympians are best in my opinion.

Chaya Wait, how about we make an elimination game. People can add names whenever and... wait I can already hear yu guys yelling @ me

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

No, no. Thats actually a good idea. We start at 5. OK?

message 47: by Chaya (last edited Aug 20, 2014 03:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chaya OK...
so...

Olympians:5
Percyians:5
Half-Bloods:5
Fans of Olympus:5
Demigods:5

message 48: by Ruby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ruby Don't forget Demigods! I heard that one up in above comments

Chaya +Rubyfirewood12
Are you going to vote?

Chaya b/c if you do, you can add one, starting @ 5