One x One discussion

1 x 1 > Emma and Aiyana

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Erm. I have no idea. What do you think? I mean I have some ideas but I always do the same thing over and over again...

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I am not at all for dystopian, if that's ok... It sort of freaks me out.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Not into the vampire zombie etc.... Average people are cool! Historical is great XD I'm sorry I'm not you're average rp-er, I'm a crazy author.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Anything. Not world wars, though.., I know everything there is to know about the Italian Renaissance ca. 1450-1500

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) We can do something else if you'd like! I've written too much about then anyway.

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) It's ok... why dknt we just do it as it comes? No plots make things interesting.

Character have their secrets...

message 7: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Well sure!! I actually am really good at writing with boy characters... Ever since I had to do this English project, I got really good at it.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Sure. And if were gonna do it this way, let's make it a bit vague :)

So what shall the setting be? Time/place wise.

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Sure XD are mystical things alright? Since you like vampires and zombies and whatnot.

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Mine as well.

Name: Alex Phillips

Height: 5'6"
Weight: 143 lbs
Hair: sandy
Eyes: brown

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) I will. Give me a minute...

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Alex was sitting on a bench by the Pond in Central Park, two books open - one in his lap, another in his hand. The first was a novel which he'd picked up (it was Inferno by Dan Brown) and the second was his old sketchbook. He held charcoal in his hand - old fashioned, as he always was. The breeze was blowing the dust from it off his page - so unfortunate, he wanted to use it as shadows. But alas! He shrugged and drew more.

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Hi," Alex said quietly with his American accent he had worked so hard at. "Have you ever sat for a painter?" He hadn't lifted his head from the paper and was still drawing, his eyes hidden by his head of sandy hair.

((At a movie talk to you later!!))

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "You don't have time? A shame," he sighed, brushing some of the dust away. "You have such interesting eyes. I haven't seen eyes like those in such a long time... Way too long." He took a napkin out of his pocket. "You have some coffee on your shirt."

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He bit his lip. Brushing the code like that wouldn't do anything... He decided not to say anything because she was already gone. So he decided to draw more b

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) The sun began to set so he closed his notebook and pocketed the charcoal. Then he stood and began walking about - maybe he'd get a coffee at one of those Starbucks' - or he knew a bookstore that had espressos...

message 17: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He got a coffee from Starbucks (he was too lazy to go downtown to said bookshop) and roamed around Central Park for a whole. He wished his friends from his hometown were with him - but they had long since gone elsewhere. Then he debated whether to go to an opera or not - he had rented a box for the season... Or maybe he would just give his tickets to a nice looking couple?

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Of course!))

message 19: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) ((Ok sure! You first?))

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Alex didn't like holidays - especially catholic ones. Because they made him think of the church which made him think of Easter. And when he thought of Easter, he thought of his friend - and then his friends brother - and then that stupid friar who made him burn his art...

The sky was darker than usual and it began to rain. He didn't mind. Then it began to pour. He was opening his umbrella just as he ran into a young woman. "Oh! Sorry!!"

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He struggled to open the umbrella, and by the time he did, her shoulders were soaking. He held it over her head, his light curls sticking to his forehead. He smiled as he wiped the water and hair out of his eyes. "Well, I was a painter. Not really anymore. It's more of a hobby... my patrons..." He shrugged the memory off. He didn't want to think about that. "I'm Alex Phillips," he said, his Americanized name feeling strange on his rouge even though he's used it for years.

message 22: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "My apartment is just down the street," he pointed in the direction - they were on Bleecker and Carmine, and he had a bag full of pastries and cheeses in his hand. "You can come up and call whoever you need to. And I make quite a good espresso. And I bought way too many sfogliatelle, if you'd like one."

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "And I am an Italian cavalier," he smiled. Then he frowned. Why did he say that?! With a name like 'Alex Phillips', he sounded like such a liar. But he wasn't. It was true. "I promise I won't. Come," he smiled, leading her and taking out his keys. "I'm not a Pazzi, don't worry."

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "I never thought that. Im just a nice guy.

message 25: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He unlocked the door and held it open for her as he less his umbrella and shook it out.

message 26: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) It was, actually, a rather elegant apartment on the third floor. He had hung paintings on the walls and had antique furniture around the room. His coffee table was covered in sketches, as was his desk, but he cleared those off quite quick and urged her to sit down.

message 27: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "thanks," he said, "I tried to make it as like home as possible - but that's not quite so possible, unfortunately." He thought of his old home. You couldn't replicate that these days. "And... Yes, actually. Nobody's picked up on that - my accent isn't very Italian, is it? I worked hard on that."

message 28: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He didn't want to think about history. It reminded him of... Easter.

"Oh. I guess I do." He smiled. "Would you like an espresso? Since you know im italian I can't give you a cappuccino since it's after 10:30."

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He watched her as he walked to the kitchen and made the espressos, then took out the pastries from his bag. She was looking at his paintings... He wondered if she saw any resemblance or if she was an average modern person.
Now she was looking at the sketch for Adorazione dei Magi and next was Nascità di Venere.

message 30: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "It's alright," he said. "You can look at them." He got sugar (since she was an American) and set the I the coffee table next to the sketches.

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He watched her and sipped his own coffee. "It took many years of practice to get it right. Lots of hard work - I was apprenticed to a master. He was amazing, but he is not as well known as he should be. But these are old sketches - my work has evolved. I am not the same as I used to be, am I? No. My emigration and immigration, along with other things I have experienced - both wonderful and unfortunate - changed me. But I am trying to return to my old style now."

message 32: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Well... Not much. I've found a job though. Doesn't pay so well, but it's nice."

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "It's still pouring. Do you want to spend the night? And you still have to call whoever you have to." He smiled and sipped his coffee.

message 34: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) "Do you need an umbrella?"

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) .

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He knew she'd probably get sick and simply dipped his coffee.

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) *sipped.

message 38: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) .

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He stayed up a while then went to bed.

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He woke up around 10 and went to breakfast. Then he decided to go to the museum.

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He had picked up a pastry from a shop and ate it as he walked up the steps to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. He wanted coffee... He could just get some inside.

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Or could he waste some spare time? He did have an extra hour... He turned around.

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) He walked in curiously.

message 44: by Emma (new)

Emma Iadanza (emmaiadanza) Eh walked up to the conure and ordered.