Multifandom fanatics discussion

Random discussions > Books that shouldn't/shouldn't have been movies

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Book Nerd (bwm721) | 83 comments Mod
I think they should have left Percy Jackson alone because they altered it too much

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hunger Games and Harry Potter.

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Stoolfire Brandon wrote: "I think they should have left Percy Jackson alone because they altered it too much"

I wouldn't say no to a remake that actually followed the book.

message 4: by Ariana (new)

Ariana Escalante (est180) | 4 comments Shine and Loki wrote: "Hunger Games and Harry Potter."

i don't know i think they did a pretty good job except on a little parts

message 5: by Valentina (new)

Valentina Markasović I think they did a good job on HP, they followed the book and I was actually mostly bothered by little things, like the colour of their eyes.

Percy Jackson on the other hand...I haven't watched the second part yet, I'm too scared

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

They completely messed up The Hobbit. Seriously, I can see like three references to the book in both of the movies, and that's nothing.

message 7: by Valentina (new)

Valentina Markasović The whole book could've been one movie. But Peter Jackson wanted the money.
On the other hand, the book was written for kids. There aren't any (long) battle or fighting descriptions, and there's a lot of it in the movie.
Movies split focus between Bilbo and Gandalf, and at first I was like "what.", but I read somewhere they're using other Tolkien's sources, to connect it to Lotr some more
(I hope this post makes sense at all)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

It makes sense, don't worry. And IKR? It was supposed to be a kids book and where did this 'necromancer' come in? And Azog was supposed to be dead. I read a detailed description by Tolkien of how he died (no joke) and that was a long time before The Hobbit.

message 9: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 108 comments I wasn't a huge fan of the Percy Jackson series (sorry), but I think the movies completely ruined the books. Logan Lerman was much better in the Perks of Being a Wallflower! And what was up with Percy being a teenager? NOPE.

message 10: by Valentina (new)

Valentina Markasović You don't have to apologize :)
I hate how they changed their age, it made no sense

Belle ~carry on my wayward son~ (BelleWinchester) | 2 comments Hands down the percy jacksons. They were such great books and the movies were total crap. I mean, its not that they shouldn't have done movies at all, but definitely not like that. And no offense intended to anyone who liked the movies :)

message 12: by Saakshi (new)

Saakshi Roy | 2 comments Roald Dahl...they just end up filming something bang opposite of the book.

message 13: by Allison (new)

Allison Janezic (allilj) | 8 comments While I did not read the books I did not care for Percy Jackson or Beautiful Creatures.

message 14: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Valentina wrote: "The whole book could've been one movie. But Peter Jackson wanted the money.
On the other hand, the book was written for kids. There aren't any (long) battle or fighting descriptions, and there's a ..."

yes thats correct. PJ said that he used recourses from JRR tolkeins writing and stuff like that. he went and talked to people who are descendants as well. my friends dad works as the visual effects advisor and he said that they tried to keep it to the story as much as possible, but if they kept it exactly like the book it would be like 45 minutes long.

message 15: by Arwen (new)

Arwen I didn't like the pj movies, they cut way to much out and used to much artistic detail. Plus they weren't even to good a quality

message 16: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 108 comments The PJO films were just terrible, but I give them a little cred because Logan Lerman was in the Perks if Being a Wallflower, and that is one of my favorite books and films!

message 17: by Chloe (new)

Chloe | 6 comments The Percy Jackson movies. It was such a disappointment having loved the books so much.

message 18: by Namine (new)

Namine Hale | 5 comments The list is so long.
Percy Jackson was horrendous I hate the movies ! So inaccurate!
The eragon series. Oh god, don't get me started!
City of bones! They BUTCHERED the movie, the ending was inaccurate in such a way that they can't continue with the series.
The vampire academy movie was pretty bad.
The maze runner movie doesn't look the best and ..... I can't think of anymore off the top of my head....
But there's so much more!

message 19: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 108 comments The Giver. Just no. Nonononono.

message 20: by tiya (new)

tiya (atiyyvhhafeji) | 12 comments idk I think harry potter was ok but ginny was awkward and different to the books