Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
This topic is about Sixth Grave on the Edge
Sixth Grave on the Edge > Chapter 24- More Caffeine! I've got lives to run! T-shirt

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Holly Toledo!!! Talk about ways to end a book! Didn't you just love Sister Mary Elizabeth's bob? Talk about misreading translated text, I hate when that happens. So, there's going to be a baby, little girl! Why do you think everyone is freaking out by the fact that Charley is pregnant?

Nika  ♥Marie♥ (livingcre8tively) | 17 comments Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I have to say I love translated stuff, it rarely makes sense in my language and that makes it hilarious. I guess confusing daughter with the daughter of the daughter is acceptable! Hehe

So they're having a daughter that is 3/4 light and 1/4 darkness? Assuming Reyes is half-half. That will be really cool! I suppose she won't be the grim reaper but will have some really nice powers of her own. I can't wait for Reyes to act all lovey dovey and super-protective. It will drive Charley insane. I do wish we had a version told from Reyes' point of view of what he felt when he found out he's about to become a dad...

message 4: by Dana, Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ines wrote: "I have to say I love translated stuff, it rarely makes sense in my language and that makes it hilarious. I guess confusing daughter with the daughter of the daughter is acceptable! Hehe

So they're..."

I am giddy for book seven! So many questions and new players.

message 5: by Dana, Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

She better not have horns. LOL

Nika  ♥Marie♥ (livingcre8tively) | 17 comments Dana wrote: "Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

She better not have horns. LOL"

Am I the only one itching for more info about Charley's family

message 7: by Dana, Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Dana wrote: "Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

Am I the only one itching for more ..."

You are not alone, my friend!

Nika  ♥Marie♥ (livingcre8tively) | 17 comments Dana wrote: "Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Dana wrote: "Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

Am I t..."

We should harass Darynda!

Kyra | 78 comments Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

Daddy is the prince of darkness and mama is the daughter of light...a very powerful and probably scary one.

Lea (Between fantasy and reality) (lenareve) | 8 comments The ending was really bittersweet. Such a happy news in the middle of constant danger. I really cant wait to see how it all plays out.

message 11: by Ines (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "We should harass Darynda! "

We should!!! lol

Suzan (suzi1811) | 42 comments I love that she's having a kid but I think they're worried cause it's Charley and she does get in trouble a lot! What are they gonna do if they've got it wrong again and she has a son?

Crystal Melloh | 6 comments I nearly dropped my Kindle. Then got upset because I can't find book seven's release date. But I'm really excited to see where all this goes.

Angel Hatfield (angelramona) | 6 comments Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

Hopefully not Rosemary's baby!! Just kidding. It'll probably be the most powerful being considering the parents' genes.

Candie (candiegyrl) | 350 comments Mod
Dana wrote: "Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

LMAO! Horns...*snickers*

message 16: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel | 829 comments I always had a feeling the "key" or gateway between both Heaven and Hell would be Reyes and Charley's child because the text stated something about when Reyes and Charley come together. There are definite fireworks going off when they have sex but no key was created so it had to be a child. Will the child be more human or will the child have mixed traits and powers from both parents? If it is the second, the child could be seriously dangerous to mankind if the wrong people influence her. I really believe this is the main reason why all the angels are freaking out about the baby girl. She will not only be the key or gateway between both Heaven and Hell but she will hold both Reyes and Charley's powers.

message 17: by Ines (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Mel wrote: "I always had a feeling the "key" or gateway between both Heaven and Hell would be Reyes and Charley's child because the text stated something about when Reyes and Charley come together. There are ..."

Suddenly it's like the plot of Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch where the antichrist may not be completely bad if raised in the right way! ;)

message 18: by Mel (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mel | 829 comments Ines wrote: "Mel wrote: "I always had a feeling the "key" or gateway between both Heaven and Hell would be Reyes and Charley's child because the text stated something about when Reyes and Charley come together...."

Ines, I was shocked that Charley was pregnant so soon. I did not expect it yet. Maybe, the baby has a bigger part in the story?

message 19: by Ines (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I was expecting the pregnancy but not so soon, no. She will play a big role for certain! I'm afraid Charley will be pregnant with a boy or something like that, and she loses the baby before having the daughter. A lot of drama, grieving together... I hope it doesn't happen!

message 20: by Ieva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ieva | 1 comments Lets hope there will be a spin-off later! Story of the daughter's daughter, would be amazing :)

message 21: by Maddy (new) - added it

Maddy Hey guys I just made a dreamcast video for the series, not sure how to put it in the video pages for the group though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kszh...

Vicki (vicki_lp) | 217 comments Mod
Kyra wrote: "Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

Daddy is the prince of darkness and mama is the daughter of light...a very powerf..."

Talk about bi-polar lol

Crystal Flannery (crystalmbf) | 6 comments Dana wrote: "Holly Toledo!!! Talk about ways to end a book! Didn't you just love Sister Mary Elizabeth's bob? Talk about misreading translated text, I hate when that happens. So, there's going to be a baby, ..."

I almost fell out of my seat when I read that! Whoa, surprise!!

message 24: by Ritz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ritz (SerenityWash) | 1 comments "...and a drop-dead sexy fiancé who has attracted the attentions of a local celebrity,.."

This, this is what I'm-not really worried, but more like anticipating on how Charley would react. Especially with the baby. She could totally use that advantage.

Black.angel88 | 1 comments Kyra wrote: "Nika (Oh My Shelves) wrote: "Charley is having a baby by the son of Satan? What kind of baby is this going to be?"

Daddy is the prince of darkness and mama is the daughter of light...a very powerf..."

Make you really think. They REALLY have the pressure of parenting, now. Can't screw up their kid at all.