Stephen King 2022 read-along discussion

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
This topic is about The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
April 2018 Discussions > April Read's

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 173 comments Mod
Hello all. Happy Easter. Happy April Fool's Day and Happy to read another Stephen King book. I lied last month when I said that Dolores Claborne was the shortest book so far...because The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is way short.

Hope you all enjoy this month's pick and if you didn't finish March's read don't worry this month will be a great one to catch up on reading again because The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is 223 pages. Well at least my edition is.

P.S. you are all welcome to create new topics in the discussion folders. I am terrible at creating questions or discussing the books while reading them so if you want to talk about something at anytime just post :D

Kimberly | 35 comments Hoping to start this this week :). I've just not been wanting to read.

Ashley Smith | 163 comments Mod
I'm only a little ways into it but I can already tell it's going to be a fast paced read!

Kimberly | 35 comments This book is fast paced for sure! I've 200 pages in and I'm really enjoying... but i often have to remind myself that Trisha is only 9. I keep envisioning her as someone my age and that's more on me then Stephen King.

And oooo my that poor girl and the things she has gone to up to this point.

message 5: by Kimberly (last edited Apr 17, 2018 07:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kimberly | 35 comments Finished this book last night and loved it... this one is now my favorite! (will i keep changing my favorite every month.... we'll see). Everything that poor girl went thru... ugh.... and stephen king sure knows how to make me cringe. plus i finished it just before bed. not a good idea lol...

Also as far as I can tell there's no movie adaptation for this one??? someone correct me if there is. :) I've enjoyed watching the movie after the book.

Jessica Haley (jessicahaley69) | 6 comments I just started reading yesterday. Borrowed the book from the library. Hopefully I can finish it pretty quickly. Not a huge fan of sports but not sure if baseball plays a huge part in this book or not. Hoping to like it as much as the other King books I've read.

Yay!! I’m finally reading the same book you all are 😜 Currently in the fourth inning. Just found out our Trisha is 9 good lord. My kids would have completely lost it by this time. If if not in sight of my 12, soon to be 13 year old, he panics and thinks I’ve left him. I’ve never left him anywhere... not sure where that fear comes from 😳

message 8: by Markie (new)

Markie Hicks (markielynnhicksaolcom) | 18 comments I'm on page 79 it's so good I feel so bad for her I wish I could go through the book and help her

Ashley Smith | 163 comments Mod
Anyone else kind of take this as a YA version of Gerald's Game? Girl left alone to her own devices in a harrowing situation desperate for rescue? Idk, I read it keeping that in mind and it proved interesting :)

Jessica Haley (jessicahaley69) | 6 comments Just got to the chapter Top of the Seventh. read a lot today at work. I don't think this is going to make my top 10 King books but it has definitely been interesting. Might be able to finish it tomorrow if work is slow again. I don't think I could hold it together like Trisha has if I got lost in the woods. I probably wouldn't have wandered very far from where I got lost though either.

Jessica Haley (jessicahaley69) | 6 comments Just finished today. This one wasn’t one of my favorites. I’m not a fan of psychological thrillers and to me that is what this book turned into. One of the redeeming factors was that baseball itself wasn’t a huge part of the story. The book overall was ok but just not my thing.

Kimberly | 35 comments Jessica wrote: "I just started reading yesterday. Borrowed the book from the library. Hopefully I can finish it pretty quickly. Not a huge fan of sports but not sure if baseball plays a huge part in this book or n..."

The baseball isn't a huge part of it. :) I hope you enjoy it.

Suzanne (buffy21) | 8 comments I am just finishing it and I am still reading It

Currently on page 130/223 almost done. Really hoping to finish it his weekend. I'll go for a walk if I have to ;) So far I'm really liking it. I also would like to agree with Ashley. I do think this books sounds a lot like a YA version of Gerald's Game. We have a girl struggling with life and death. We have her talking to herself. Using her "inner voices" to help guide her through the rough times. We also have a supernatural element. Someone watching. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Suzanne (buffy21) | 8 comments I have finished it and I am starting FireStarter

Suzanne wrote: "I have finished it and I am starting FireStarter"

Getting a head start excellent :D

Suzanne (buffy21) | 8 comments thanks I am also reading It On page 384 :)

Suzanne wrote: "thanks I am also reading It On page 384 :)"

OOHHH IT that is a beast. Good luck with that book. It's one of my favorites!

Suzanne (buffy21) | 8 comments Melissa wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "thanks I am also reading It On page 384 :)"

OOHHH IT that is a beast. Good luck with that book. It's one of my favorites!"

Thanks