Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

APR 2018: Pestilence > POLL: Suggestions for MAY 2018

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Apr 09, 2018 05:43PM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
GO TO POLL
Make your suggestions for May's pick here to be included in the poll. Please include a link to the book's Goodreads page if possible. This month's selection from the Suggested Reads for Vaginal Fantasy listopia is The V Girl.

From the Discord:
TheFruityKiwi -> Wildest Dreams
ladypembroke -> Heart of Brass
Sana -> Fire Baptized
Felicia -> Justice Calling

The poll will go up around April 9th and will end April 23rd. June will LGBTQIA novels for Pride Month. For more information see The Vaginal Fantasy Poll FAQ.

message 2: by Kaylene (new)

Kaylene (kbutter) | 25 comments Children of Blood and Bone
Wonderful ya novel with amazing world building. There's some romance but it's not the main focus by any means. The cultural aspects are fascinating (African in origin I believe, but I could be wrong) and it doesn't always read as a ya novel because there are a lot of adult themes, i.e. genocide, violence, racial prejudice. It's also quite empowering from a feminist point of view; the protagonist is strong, flawed, and central to the plot but isn't a Mary Sue.

message 3: by nil (new)

nil (nilnil) Kaylene wrote: "Children of Blood and Bone
Wonderful ya novel with amazing world building. There's some romance but it's not the main focus by any means. The cultural aspects are fascinating (Afric..."

I just added this to my list last week and am really excited to read it. It would be great to read it with everyone here!

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraberestecki) | 163 comments My suggestion this month is Kindling the Moon

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (j-boo) | 182 comments Kaylene wrote: "Children of Blood and Bone
Wonderful ya novel with amazing world building. There's some romance but it's not the main focus by any means. The cultural aspects are fascinating (Afric..."

The only potential issue with this is for others like me who gets their books through the library. This book is a new release and I have been on my library's waiting list for it since January. It looks like I'm next up to get it, though!

message 6: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 31 comments I would like to nominate:

Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

message 7: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Moloney | 3 comments Would like to suggest Clockwork Boys again. Ninja accountant protagonist, Man eating tatoos, the smell of rosemary as a plot point, and a love of indexing.

By two time hugo award winner Ursula Vernon. As T kingfisher to hide the smut from her very young fans of stuff like Harriet the Invincible. Been her fan since Digger

I love this book and its sequel. It is almost Pratchett like in its wit. and the romance part is perfectly paced for a team on a suicide mission. Banging doesn't commence until book 2 but there is plenty of building the relationship from both sides in book 1. Also BIG SPOILER FOR END OF BOOK 2 (view spoiler) I am very passionate about this book and want to unashamedly flog the recommendation to read it.

message 8: by Kaylene (new)

Kaylene (kbutter) | 25 comments Jessica wrote: "Kaylene wrote: "Children of Blood and Bone
Wonderful ya novel with amazing world building. There's some romance but it's not the main focus by any means. The cultural aspects are fa..."

That is a very good point, I bought it but I've had to wait a month before for other library ebooks.

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Marae I'd like to nominate Tess of the Road !!

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (cozyuptocrime) | 46 comments I just started an urban fantasy romance I'd like to recommend: Wanted and Wired. It's a sort of dystopian world featuring a sniper, gun-for-hire heroine searching for her father and a technologically enhanced scientist who hunts for treasure in his spare time. I just started reading it and the two main characters already have great chemistry together so I think it would be a good VF pick!

message 12: by Serendi (new)

Serendi We're having a maypole? Cool! :)

message 13: by Sean Lookielook (new)

:)

Starr (AKA Starrfish) Rivers | 1 comments The whole Pure/ Dark Ones series is so addictive it's not even funny.

I guess I'd recommend Pure Healing to start with, but starting with Book 2 is OK too.

I'm in a buddy read https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... for Book 2 and it's my second time reading it. But I'm just blow away by the intricacies of the series that I don't even fully appreciate until I've read the other books. This time re-reading was absolutely awesome!

I highly recommend the series to all fantasy/ epic fantasy/ dark fantasy/ paranormal romance lovers. You won't regret it!

message 15: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Sorry voting for May has already closed. Why don't you save this for July's poll. June is going to be an LGBTQIA pick for Pride Month.