Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Den store boka : 365 godnatthistorier. 1
This topic is about Den store boka
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Serieses! > Create series

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Without more info, I can't determine if this should be a series or not. It looks like two volumes of short-story anthologies? That is probably not enough to be a series.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Could you please direct me to Goodreads' definition of what contitutes a series?

I'm getting quite confused by all this.

message 4: by Renske (last edited Apr 03, 2018 11:16AM) (new)

Renske | 10805 comments It is in the manual https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...
The two main points are:
-It should apply to all editions of a work.
-It should have characters and/or universes in common.

The second rule is generally the important thing for fiction, the first for non-fiction. But for non-fiction I'm less and less sure what would be valid series and which are just imprints.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Then comes Rivka's secret, undisclosed criteria.

Anyway, this is hopelessly inadequate!

I cannot understand how there can be any question that my request here could be put in question.

message 6: by Z-squared (last edited Apr 03, 2018 02:41PM) (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments If it's fiction, then it has to have a shared universe. If it's nonfiction, then it has to be part of a series that has been and always will be published as a series. It can't just be a collection of things that some publisher decides to release as a special collection once just for fun. I don't think that's really secret or undisclosed, it's just difficult to apply at the margins.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Do you really doubt that this 2-volume set should be made into a series?

message 8: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments I don't think our personal opinion is relevant here. There are rules to follow.

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Right. So get on it then and create the series as I have requested!

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42494 comments Mod
Goodreads Librarians are volunteers. Each one chooses which requests to fulfill -- or not. Demands are less likely to be completed than graciously phrased requests.

Goodreads Librarians are also required to follow the policies laid out in the Goodreads Librarians Manual. As mentioned above, these books do not appear to meet the Goodreads definition of a series.

Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.