Koontzland - Dean Koontz discussion

The Good Guy
This topic is about The Good Guy
Stand Alone Novels 2000-2007 > The Good Guy (Group Read - May 2018)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 5993 comments Mod
The Good Guy has been selected as our May Group Read
(in addition to Dean's New Release, The Crooked Staircase, Jane Hawk #3)

The Good Guy was first published in 2007.
From the book cover intro: "Suddenly, Tim Carrier, an ordinary guy, is at the center of a mystery of extraordinary proportions, the one man who can save an innocent life and stop a killer far more powerful than any cop . . . and as relentless as evil incarnate. But first Tim must discover within himself the capacity for selflessness, endurance, and courage that can turn even an ordinary man into a hero, inner resources that will transform his idea of who he is and what it takes to be The Good Guy.

Opening Quote:
I shall tell you a great secret, my friend.
Do not wait for the last judgement,
it takes place every day.

-Albert Camus

Charissa Wilkinson (lilmizflashythang) | 247 comments Oh, this was a good one.

message 3: by Fred (last edited Apr 04, 2018 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments Added to my "Want to Read" list for May, thanks

Justin Gonzalez | 17 comments Since I am new here and I don’t want to spoil anything, are we allowed to discuss the book yet or shall I wait till the end of May? :)

Justin wrote: "Since I am new here and I don’t want to spoil anything, are we allowed to discuss the book yet or shall I wait till the end of May? :)"

You can discuss the book anytime :-) Please use a spoiler alert if necessary, but we don't really have rules. I will start re-reading The Good Guy soon.

Justin Gonzalez | 17 comments Fantastic! :)

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 173 comments I'm actually about 50 pages into this re-read (not sure if I'll make it through the entire book by May's end since Crooked Staircase def has priority this month) but I am enjoying the experience so far.

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I'm finding this more like a mystery/thriller rather than a Kontz horror story.

Mike Marsbergen (mikemarsbergen) | 19 comments Fred wrote: "I'm finding this more like a mystery/thriller rather than a Kontz horror story."

Like a lot of his newer books, it definitely is more thriller than horror.

message 10: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 173 comments Agreed but Krait is such a weird/creepy person it's almost like he belongs IN a horror novel.

Currently Reading

message 12: by Fred (last edited May 20, 2018 06:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments A better twist I see than in my first read is when Tim returns to his fiancé instead relationships with Linda after the chases?

message 13: by Fred (new) - rated it 4 stars

Fred (fredderoche) | 124 comments I have finished, you need to consider, Linda being in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Amy B (amydawn96) | 24 comments Halfway through this one right now. Enjoying it.