Sci-Fi, fantasy and speculative Indie Authors Review discussion

Beta reads and book exchanges > A Seeming Glass - ARC readers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (last edited Jul 25, 2014 12:04PM) (new)

J.A. Ironside (julesanneironside) | 653 comments Mod
Hi folks, it's finally time for the grand unveiling of the project that Matthew Willis (Daedalus and the Deep - author) and I have been working on with a collection of other writers. (You can find out more about us here - http://jaironside79.wix.com/rasssa)

A Seeming Glass: A Collection of Reflected Tales is an anthology of short stories ranging from fantasy to space opera to dystopian to satire and beyond. All the stories are taken from familiar fairy tales, myths, legends, biblical stories and Romantic/Gothic/ traditional literature - to which a large dose of 'what if?' was applied resulting in stories told as though reflections of the originals.

'How can I read the futures if I cannot see your skin?'

Six mysterious swans glide on a holographic pond in a totalitarian capital city. A terrified girl awaits her part in a ritual that could change the future... and the past. A dancer in ancient Jerusalem mourns her maimed sister and prepares for the performance of her life. A sword of legend sends its wielder back through the fiercest battles in history. A freshly qualified vampire hunter experiences the practical side of his vocation. Fourteen intriguing, dramatic, humorous and unsettling tales, inspired by existing stories and reflecting the breadth of storytelling from Greek myth to Hammer Horror, via fairy tales and Arthurian legend.

If this sounds like your sort of thing (and there really is something in there for everyone) then please let me or Matthew Willis know. We'll be happy to provide an epub/mobi/similar file in exchange for an honest review on Goodreads and ideally Amazon.com as well.

Just drop us a PM. Thanks!

message 2: by Richard (new)

Richard | 490 comments Mod
I had already sneaked a look at the Random Writers, but had no idea just how good you are - weird phenomena already seem to be leaking out of the stories into this Group: shortly after you posted the above, the 'A' in 'J.A.' disappeared and for about the next ten minutes you were just plain 'J', everywhere; then it just as mysteriously reappeared again. Might have to get my intrepid lab team on the case...

message 3: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Ironside (julesanneironside) | 653 comments Mod
Best not to get too close, you don't want to lose any letters from your name ;)

message 4: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Willis | 258 comments It's not just socks that go missing round here...

Seriously, I'll add my voice to JA's - it's a really good collection, though I say so myself. Ignoring my own contribution for a moment, the stories therein are all brilliant - each very different, in tone, style and approach, but they sit together with a common theme.