Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

TV series? what do you think?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi all :)

Just wondering... did any of you think a TV series, à la Game of Thrones, might just be the perfect match?

The movie series is great, but there were just so many FASCINATING (and very important, in my opinion) stories that were cut out... Sirius's brother, Dumbledore's past, and of course... Voldermort'S origins! Especially Voldermort's origins... I found it elevated the book to another level...

The psychology of its characters was so well written in the books. It made them so human and complex, so much of it was lost in the movies...

In a TV series, perhaps they would have more time to elaborate on them? :)

Julia True, a tv series could have done more. But, to be honest, I'm not really enjoying Game of Thrones all that much (I'm talking about the series; I loved the books). It really drags on at a pace that just doesn't feel right for tv. It actually feels like I'm rereading the books, but without the enjoyment I get from reading.

And the truth is, Game of Thrones has been magnificently adapted, far better than most book-to-screen adaptations. They set a new bar. I think it's highly unlikely that other production teams will be able to reach that bar any time soon.

I'm afraid a Harry Potter series would drag on just as much. And might be worse because, like I said, GoT set a new bar, how likely is it that HP producers will be able to meet it?

Maybe if they did it as an animated series, like Avatar: The Last Airbender. That might be fun to watch.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Julia wrote: "True, a tv series could have done more. But, to be honest, I'm not really enjoying Game of Thrones all that much (I'm talking about the series; I loved the books). It really drags on at a pace th..."

Hi Julia :)

Ok, I will concede the last season had its ups and downs... but I LOVE GoT series! Like dread the void it will leave at the end of every season :s LOL

I had started reading the first book and was really enjoying it but when the TV series came out, it was so well made, and up to the point I was in the book (about half-way I think) they really covered everything. I was so impressed and didn't feel the need to continue reading.

I understand from fellow readers that the further we get down the story line the more differences there are and parts of the book left out, which makes sense I guess... But apparently in the books as well, especially the fourth and fifth I think, there are a lot of lengthy parts?

True, HBO did set the bar high with that one.. But I would look upon that positively and hope that next big productions, being aware of viewers' expectations, will aim to match it?

Anime you say... hmmm... I could see that... I sill fantasize about watching the whole story with Voldermort's origins... Whatever way works best lol