Spaztic Readers discussion

2018 Archives > April 2018: BOTM Head Over Heels - Geekerella by Ashley Poston

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leela (new)

Leela Our April book of the month choice for our Head Over Heels theme was Geekerella by Ashley Poston !

This kind of kills two birds with one stone since this crosses off our colors of the month challenge as well!

Let us know how you're liking the book? Is it cute? Predictable? We want to encourage more talk among ourselves so please give us your thoughts and options!

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 45 comments Mod
This month is going to be awesome! I have both BOTMs and I’ve already read Strange the Dreamer.

message 3: by Leela (new)

Leela I just found the audio book on YouTube so I'm listening go it while i work. Right now I am not that far to it so i cant judge if I'm liking it or not.

message 4: by Leela (new)

Leela I'm still not liking this book. It doesn't seem as interesting to me. And I'm quit bored of it. Is anyone enjoying it?

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan (ReadingRover) | 45 comments Mod
I have this on audiobook but haven’t started it yet.

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana | 25 comments Mod
I'm half way through this right now. I have mixed feelings about it so far. I found Elle to be annoying in the beginning but she's starting to grow on me. I know there's going to be a companion novel to this. Does anyone know who the main couple in that is going to be? I'm hoping it'll be Sage.

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) Interested to see what everyone thinks. I read this a few months back and liked it didn't love but thought was cute and enjoyed reading it.

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana | 25 comments Mod
I wanted to like this one more! There were cute moments in it but it still wasn't enough to make me love it. It was ok but not something I'd read again. I needed more depth and personality!

message 9: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) Diana wrote: "I wanted to like this one more! There were cute moments in it but it still wasn't enough to make me love it. It was ok but not something I'd read again. I needed more depth and personality!"

I agree Diana I liked it, it was cute. Had its moments but I agree don't know if I would read again. My question for everyone do you keep a hard back book or any book for that matter if you only liked it, but might not read again. I am so bad at unhauling books and my shelves are over flowing.

message 10: by Diana (new)

Diana | 25 comments Mod
Wendy wrote: "Diana wrote: "I wanted to like this one more! There were cute moments in it but it still wasn't enough to make me love it. It was ok but not something I'd read again. I needed more depth and person..."

I'm bad at unhauling too. I've even been hoarding the books I didn't like at all! At this point I'm either going to have to buy more shelves or start unhauling. I've been putting it off by using my library app more and buying ebooks :P.

message 11: by Leela (new)

Leela I usually have to unhaul a lot of books I don't like or will likely not read again. I don't unhaul books that are part of a series that I have the complete collection of if I like the series but not that particular book. Lol. I get way too many books for me to keep the ones I don't like.

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wmaresca) Thanks for the input guys. I never unhaul but really need to. I am running out of space, and the book buying doesn't stop lol

message 13: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments I was finally able to pick this up from the library, so I will get to read it sometime soon.

message 14: by Leela (new)

Leela Let us know what you think of it, Roxanne!

message 15: by Roxanne (new)

Roxanne | 36 comments I will! Hopefully I can get to it soon.