Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The White Forest (The Legend of Prince Ayron #1)
This topic is about The White Forest
Book Issues > Remove book from Goodreads please

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Aviya Carmen | 7 comments Dear Librarians,

I would like to request for my book "Prince Ayron Book 1 The White Forest" to be removed from the Goodreads database, along with its reviews and everything else.

The reason is because I made some changes to it and repackaged it as "The Legend of Prince Ayron Book 1 The White Forest", which is also on Goodreads. The older version is no longer available anywhere, so I would really like to have it removed.

Thank you for your help and understanding.

Aviya Carmen

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23204 comments GR policy is to retain all books in the database, think of GR as a library rather than a bookshop.

I've combined all books & created the series. Also standardized series title as per GR policy.

Instructions for creating the default edition are in Q4 of the attached link.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Aviya Carmen | 7 comments Hi Sandra,

Thank you for combining the books for me.

I have one more request. The two books of the earlier edition (with the same cover) are the exact same book, would it be possible to remove one of them (or merge the two)? I added it twice by accident before I learned to use Goodreads properly.

Thank you for your help again.

Aviya Carmen

message 4: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Aviya, on Goodreads, ebooks and kindle editions are considered different formats. So the two editions with the same cover can't be merged because one is marked ebook and one is marked kindle. Unless you only ever sold it on Amazon exclusively...?

Aviya Carmen | 7 comments Yes, that book had only been sold on Amazon exclusively. At the time of adding the book, I had no idea what the difference between ebook and kindle was.

Would it be possible for you to merge the two books for me?

Thanks for your help.

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Aviya wrote: "Yes, that book had only been sold on Amazon exclusively. At the time of adding the book, I had no idea what the difference between ebook and kindle was.

Would it be possible for you to merge the t..."

Done.

Aviya Carmen | 7 comments Thanks so much for your help! :)

Aviya Carmen | 7 comments Dear Goodreads librarians,

I've noticed something else with my books. I have two editions of one book listed under the same title The White Forest. When I search on Goodreads, only one edition shows up. Would it be possible for both editions to show up in the search results? If not, then I would like for the one with the blue cover to show up instead of the current one.

Thanks for your help once again.
Aviya Carmen

message 9: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Re 8, on Goodreads, multiptle editiosn fot he same work are combined. Only one shows up in search results. You can set the default edition (the one that'll show up in searches by name and on your author profile) by following these instructions:

https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

Aviya Carmen | 7 comments Thank you for the instructions.
Does it take some time for Goodreads to update?
I've just set the blue cover as the default, but the yellow one is still showing up in searches.

Thanks again for your help.

Aviya Carmen | 7 comments It's all good now. Thanks so much for your help!