Telugu Readers discussion

General Discussions > Ebook or Print books?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Priya (new)

Priya (priyachennareddy) | 298 comments Mod
Posting this on behalf of Mahendra

Hi Guys,

Just have a question. How do you guys prefer to read books (hard copy/soft copy)? In case of soft copy are you downloading it for free from some websites or buying ebooks ?

message 2: by Priya (last edited Apr 01, 2018 02:56AM) (new)

@Mahendra, I prefer print books over ebooks. I am in Chennai and I don't have a library, near to me, that lends Telugu books. Also, I am building my personal library. So, I order print books and get them delivered.

message 3: by Mahendra (new)

Mahendra Madavaram | 68 comments @priya thanks for posting it in new discussion :)
i am in bangalore here as well same case i had checked in so many best book shops but there was no option of telugu books.

message 4: by Harish (new)

Harish Challapalli (harishchallapalli) | 302 comments Mod
I like both.. but most books i read were soft copies..

message 5: by Priya (new)

Harish wrote: "I like both.. but most books i read were soft copies.."

What device do you use to read the e-books? And where do you buy the e-books?

message 6: by Priya (new)

Mahendra wrote: "@priya thanks for posting it in new discussion :)
i am in bangalore here as well same case i had checked in so many best book shops but there was no option of telugu books."

I know. Tough to get Telugu books in other states. The last time I bought a set of Telugu books offline was from Book festival in Vijayawada, two years ago. My only source is web stores.

message 7: by Harish (new)

Priya wrote: "Harish wrote: "I like both.. but most books i read were soft copies.."

What device do you use to read the e-books? And where do you buy the e-books?"

I read on my blackberry playbook..those i download from pusthakalu.com...

i have amazon kindle subscription.. i read it in my iphone..

and when it comes to telugu books-hardcopies.... my wife's paternal grandfather was a telugu professor and the collection of books is mind blowing.. my in-laws have a huge library ( around 1000 books) and i am going to inherit that property :D

message 8: by Harish (new)

Mahendra wrote: "@priya thanks for posting it in new discussion :)
i am in bangalore here as well same case i had checked in so many best book shops but there was no option of telugu books."

u can tie up with some one here and exchange books over courier at your interest..

P.S: moderator is not involved :)

message 9: by Priya (last edited Apr 02, 2018 04:56AM) (new)

Harish wrote: ".my in-laws have a huge library ( around 1000 books) and i am going to inherit that property :D
"

1000 books! Lucky you:)

I am the only person in the family who reads.

message 10: by Uday (new)

Uday Kanth (udayk) | 42 comments @Priya since you said you're in Chennai, have you been to the Anna Centenary Library? They don't issue books but have got a huge collection of books, even in Telugu.

message 11: by Priya (new)

Uday wrote: "@Priya since you said you're in Chennai, have you been to the Anna Centenary Library? They don't issue books but have got a huge collection of books, even in Telugu."

I haven't been there, but heard of it's immense collection. At the moment I don't have enough time to sit in a library and read. So, I prefer lending libraries.