« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Dark Age

message 2: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
In

message 3: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Well, shoot, I'm in. I'm reading Iron Gold right now. I guess the author is on a quicker-than-one-book-a-year publication schedule since IG was just released in January.

message 4: by Chris (new) - added it

Chris  (haughtc) | 1604 comments In

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chris wrote: "In"

Sweet.

Veronica wrote: "Well, shoot, I'm in. I'm reading Iron Gold right now. I guess the author is on a quicker-than-one-book-a-year publication schedule since IG was just released in January."

I'm never going to be critical of a quick release schedule........did you hear that George, Scott and Patrick?

message 6: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Scott wrote: "I'm never going to be critical of a quick release schedule........did you hear that George, Scott and Patrick?"

Oh, I'm not criticizing, believe me, lol. I'm glad that if IG ends on a cliffhanger like GS did that I won't have to wait long for the next book.

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Veronica wrote: "Oh, I'm not criticizing, believe me, lol. I'm glad that if IG ends on a cliffhanger like GS did that I won't have to wait long for the next book. ..."

I know, I was just having fun at Martin, Lynch and Rothfuss's expense.

message 8: by Miche (new) - added it

Miche | 2939 comments I will attempt to join this one. :)

message 9: by Miche (new) - added it

Miche | 2939 comments According to Amazon, the publishing date was pushed back to February 12, 2019.

message 10: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Well...darn.

message 11: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Thanks Miche I've updated. I check the to be published ones every so often and did this one just ten days or so ago so this is recent.

message 12: by Miche (new) - added it

Miche | 2939 comments I got an email from Amazon today to warn me the delivery date of my pre-order had changed. I searched for an official note about it, but so far I couldn't find anything. However, at the publisher's website they also say February 12.

message 13: by Miche (new) - added it

Miche | 2939 comments Veronica wrote: "Well...darn."

My feeling too.

message 14: by Veronica (last edited May 21, 2018 06:50AM) (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments I probably shouldn't be surprised. During the book tour for Iron Gold, someone asked PB if the release date for this book was going to hold and his response was along the lines if he could get back to writing and maintain his level of productivity. My guess is that the book tour kept him away from writing more than he intended.

message 15: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

It’s funny because my friend said months ago that pierce is a february kinda guy so it would get pushed back 😂

message 16: by Miche (new) - added it

Miche | 2939 comments Margret wrote: "It’s funny because my friend said months ago that pierce is a february kinda guy so it would get pushed back 😂"

You should ask your friend for lottery numbers advise. 😉

message 17: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments So apparently we're finally going to get a Mustang POV in this one, in addition to the original four from IG. I've been dying to get into her head.

message 18: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Veronica wrote: "So apparently we're finally going to get a Mustang POV in this one, in addition to the original four from IG. I've been dying to get into her head."

That is really cool. Servo would be an interesting/psychotic POV.

message 19: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Ha! He certainly would! lol

message 20: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

Veronica wrote: "So apparently we're finally going to get a Mustang POV in this one, in addition to the original four from IG. I've been dying to get into her head."

Very cool. She's definitely got a lot more going on than meets the eye

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1337 comments Yes!!!!!!! I can't wait for this one! And I'm afraid at the sane time!!

message 22: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments On his Facebook page, Pierce Brown has announced that he needs more time with this book so publication has been pushed back to July 9, 2019.

https://www.facebook.com/PierceBrownA...

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1337 comments I got an email about it from Amazon on my ore-order. I usually get a blog post from Pierce sight. Hmmm

Anyway, it suck it's okay if he needs that little bit more 😊

message 24: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments And it gives me more time to get a reread done so it's not all bad.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1337 comments Veronica wrote: "And it gives me more time to get a reread done so it's not all bad."

You're smart! I'm going to do that too 😊

message 26: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Thread title updated to reflect release date change.

message 27: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Scott wrote: "Thread title updated to reflect release date change."

Thank you, Sir Scott!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 1337 comments Yes, thank you, Scott!

message 29: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Yes, thank you, Scott!"

Veronica wrote: "Scott wrote: "Thread title updated to reflect release date change."

Thank you, Sir Scott!"

YW, ladies.

message 30: by Veronica (last edited Apr 24, 2019 11:52AM) (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Aaaannnd now GR shows the release date as July 30th.

From Pierce's FB page:

"Ignoble Howlers, DARK AGE is finished. This week I turned in the final manuscript. Sevro would agree. Shit escalated (Atalantia au Grimmus, oh my! Atlas au fucking Raa, oh dear!) DA is not only the largest book I've ever written, but it is the most complex, violent, and hopefully intimate of the entire series. Thank you for stomaching the initial postponements--I can't tell you how rewarding it is to have a readership that prefers quality over rushed dreck. I needed every extra day to turn this into the freakshow behemoth of a book you mangy mutts deserve. Due to obsessive tendencies on my part, and some major events in my real human life, the new ON SALE DATE is 7/30/19. I know, I know, boo hiss. To take some sting out of this bitter three week postponement, I've included an itty-bitty sneak peek at Mustang's POV. Stay tuned, I'll be announcing tour dates very soon. Can't wait to gab about the twists and turns and 'worthy' scene this summer. xoxo -PB"

And the promised snippet from Mustang's POV. I can't copy and paste the actual text but here's a link. Nothing really spoilery...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwc8miKn5...

message 31: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Veronica wrote: "Aaaannnd now GR shows the release date as July 30th.."

Updated thread title.

I'm so ready for a change in perspective to Mustang. She's an underrated female character.

message 32: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Agreed. I wanted to know what was running through her head for most of the first trilogy.

message 33: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Getting close.

message 34: by Petrik (last edited Jun 08, 2019 07:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Joining this one. Damn so excited. One of my most anticipated reads of the year!

message 35: by Bill (new) - added it

Bill | 2130 comments His cliffhangers are too much I have to wait until the last book of the trilogy is out to read this series.

message 36: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

No Bill, you need to read with us

message 37: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments That ending for Morning Star was pretty rough. :-(

message 38: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Meant Golden Son. Doh!

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Veronica wrote: "Meant Golden Son. Doh!"

Seems like this one will be the same because it's the middle book. Hail libertas

message 40: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 3340 comments Now Bill has me tempted to wait until the trilogy is complete to finish this off. lol

ash | novelly rooted (novellyrooted) | 8 comments i'll be in too :)

message 42: by jess (new) - rated it 4 stars

jess (nu6586) | 1712 comments I will be here as long as I can get the book and Dust of Dreams doesnt throw me off with its epic-grandness!...

message 43: by Petrik (last edited Jun 30, 2019 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments Jess wrote: "I will be here as long as I can get the book and Dust of Dreams doesnt throw me off with its epic-grandness!..."

I'm probably one of the few who think there's nothing epic about Dust of Dreams on my first read. The Crippled God on the other hand... WOW! I don't think it was really necessary to divide the last book into two books (DoD and TCG), there were so many boring moments in DoD that I would've DNFed the series if it wasn't due to the fact that it's the penultimate installment. I hope you'll enjoy it more than me though!

Louis Trevino (louistrevino) Three weeks... After reading what Pierce said about this book, I can feel my blood pressure sky-rocketing.... BUT I NEED IT.

message 45: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new) - rated it 5 stars

can't wait

message 46: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 3 stars

Petrik wrote: "I'm probably one of the few who think there's nothing epic about Dust of Dreams on my first read. The Crippled God on the other hand... WOW! I don't think it was really necessary to divide the last book into two books (DoD and TCG), there were so many boring moments in DoD that I would've DNFed the series if it wasn't due to the fact that it's the penultimate installment. I hope you'll enjoy it more than me though! .."

Loved DoD even more the second time around. I do think it takes a lot of patience with the storylines of the Snake and the Ghost.

message 47: by Elena (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena | 40 comments One more day! I'm so excited!

Petrik (petrikleo) | 1546 comments I have to wait for a while. My book is still on its way to me but it might be two or three weeks before it arrives. I'll be joining and reading all the discussions once I have it in my hand!

message 49: by Elena (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena | 40 comments Petrik wrote: "I have to wait for a while. My book is still on its way to me but it might be two or three weeks before it arrives. I'll be joining and reading all the discussions once I have it in my hand!"

Petrik, you are so patient! I don't think I could last this long knowing that the book is out there waiting for me to read it.

message 50: by Elena (last edited Jul 30, 2019 02:29AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Elena | 40 comments I really liked the opening, it’s one of my favorites after Red Rising’s.
I’ve just finished the prologue but I already have a lot of WTF moments. So... (view spoiler)
This is going to be a hell of a ride!

« previous 1