Current Reads! > The Alienist

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) The Alienist by Caleb Carr
The Alienist by Caleb Carr

Follow the discussion here!

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Alienist is a historical crime thriller, and I did enjoy reading it. Caleb Carr did a great job in portraying his characters and intertwining them throughout the book. I like the way Caleb Carr describes the forensic investigation that we take for granted in today's society for example figure printing. Has anyone else read this book and what are your views.

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise (cat_pleasures) | 143 comments Mod
Jenny wrote: "Alienist is a historical crime thriller, and I did enjoy reading it. Caleb Carr did a great job in portraying his characters and intertwining them throughout the book. I like the way Caleb Carr des..."

Well, you know how I feel about the book. It's the best I have read in a long, long time. I didn't want it to end!
I loved the relationships between the main characters. It was difficult to keep the story straight, as I was listening to it at the same time that I was watching it on TV. As usual with books that become movies, etc., this book far outshines the TV series, however, on the TV series you got to see the handsome leading men. That makes up for the difference!

message 4: by Jenny (last edited Apr 11, 2018 12:33AM) (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) I look forward to seeing the series when it comes to Australia. I agree with you Denise the relationship between the characters are fantastic and so supportive of each other. I also like the way they look after Stevie. I love the dialogue between Detective Sergeant Lucius Isaacson and Detective Sergeant Marcus Isaacson. A great book Denise thank you for recommending it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Alienist (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Caleb Carr (other topics)