2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives > March 2018 Roundup

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Apr 03, 2018 06:56AM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10631 comments Mod
 photo image_zpsrov4ysil.png

1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
2. Did you start any new series? If so, what were they? Will you continue?
3. Did you move forward in any series? How many?
4. Any standout or 5 star books read? Why did you love it/them?
5. Overall summary of your reading month?

Michelle
Lauren
Melissa
Jonetta
Robin
Laura
Giulia
Lieke

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2241 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes. I got up to date in two series

Yes I started 4 and actually finished 1. As for the other I will continue them. I ol over the style of writing and also the story is very interesting as well. And one has become a guilty pleasure but more than that ,I've become addicted to the insanity that Phas become Shalia's life Those I'm continuing are :
Shalia's diary
Hades hangmen by Tillie Cole
Gypsy heroes by Georgia le Carre

Yes 5
I had an interest month of new authors , binge reading, and challenges being met . Although nothing stood out one of two of the authors had really done their homework and was interesting to see the back story of something you wouldn't have gotten to otherwise , ( how ladies that were living Ina cult would have to adjust to living in the outside world. )

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Yes
I finished the Night Prince series with Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost and I also DNF'd Grave Phantoms (Roaring Twenties, #3) by Jenn Bennett - I really enjoyed the first two books in the series but this one just didn't resonate.

Yes, 3 and I will continue them all
Silent Scream (D.I. Kim Stone, #1) by Angela Marsons Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco A Lady's Pleasure (Mistress Trilogy, #1) by Renee Bernard

Yes, 7
Born in Death (In Death, #23) by J.D. Robb Kill For Me (Romantic Suspense, #9; Daniel Vartanian, #3) by Karen Rose Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles, #2) by Ilona Andrews Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Shards of Hope (Psy-Changeling, #14) by Nalini Singh Mine to Have (Mine, #5) by Cynthia Eden

No 5 but Silent Scream is a 4.5 stars. Very good mystery with solid twists and engaging characters.

5. Overall summary of your reading month? I read 12 books and I'm really happy with my progress so far this year. I'm taking it easy and reading whatever catches my fancy.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Michelle wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
Yes. I got up to date in two series

Yes I started 4 ..."

Congrats on a really good month, Michelle! Excellent that you started and finished a series in the same month. And, I so love book addictions:)

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Yes
I finished the Night Prince series with Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost and I also DNF'd [bookcover:Grave Phantoms|2231086..."

Jealous that you’ve finished Night Prince:) You had a great month, too!

Nice to see that you enjoyed the beginning of the Kim Stone series. I’m hoping to start some of these mystery series later on in the year.

How unusual to DNF a book that late in a series. Not sure I can do that but wish I could.

Love your new outlook!

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1307 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed 1 series and 1 trilogy: The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer and The Magicians Trilogy by Lev Grossman.

No new series this month.

I moved ahead in 1 series: The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris - #6.

No 5 stars this month, but I really enjoyed Serena by Ron Rash.

I did pretty good this month. 6 books down which puts me 3 ahead for my yearly goal. I have a daughter graduating this year and that means a busy summer.

message 7: by Jonetta (last edited Apr 01, 2018 09:03AM) (new)

1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed/got up to date in four series:
Tracers by Laura Griffin (UTD)
Sullivan’s Crossing by Robyn Carr (UTD)
Dashing Widows by Anna Campbell (C)
Fatal by Marie Force (UTD)

Yes, I started two, The Keepers by Rita Herron, which I’ll continue, and Crossroads Ranch by A. J. Pine, which I’m on the fence about for now.

I moved forward in four series:
Cork O’Connor by William Kent Krueger
Gaslight Mystery by Victoria Thompson
Harry Bosch by Michael Connelly
Angie Pallorino by Loreth Anne White

I had three books this month: Roomies, which was utterly delightful; The Lullaby Girl, an extraordinary story with character depth and atmosphere; and The Wife, a super tricky story with a truly surprise ending.

I read 16 books this month, my high for the year. However, that’s due primarily to the quality of the stories. It was a reading love fest and I was flying through them. Here’s hoping for the same next month.
Roomies by Christina Lauren The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2) by Loreth Anne White The Wife by Alafair Burke

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Jonetta wrote: How unusual to DNF a book that late in a series. Not sure I can do that but wish I could.

Love your new outlook! ."

Thanks, Jonetta!

I really couldn't continue with it. Got to page 50 and knew the characters and story weren't going to improve.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Melissa wrote: " Overall summary of your reading month?
I did pretty good this month. 6 books down which puts me 3 ahead for my yearly goal. I have a daughter graduating this year and that means a busy summer. "

That's fantastic Melissa! Enjoy the graduation and the reading :)

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed 1 series and 1 trilogy: The Land of Stories series by Chris Colfer and The Magicians Trilogy by Lev Grossman.

2. Did..."

Congratulations on a solid month, Melissa! And you’re already ahead of the game. That’s wonderful.

message 11: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2203 comments Jonetta wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed/got up to date in four series:
Tracers by Laura Griffin (UTD)
Sullivan’s Crossing by Robyn Carr (UTD)
Dashing Widows ..."

Great month for you. I'm glad you liked Roomies. All of Christina Lauren's books are fantastic! I'm happy I kept up with you in Tracers.

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2240 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
No

Yes, I started Jenn Bennett's Roaring Twenties series. I plan to continue.

I moved forward in 5 series:
Harry Bosch - Michael Connelly
Gaslight Mysteries - Victoria Thompson
Romantic Suspense - Karen Rose
Maiden Lane by Elizabeth Hoyt
Prince series by Elizabeth Hoyt (re-read)

I had three 5-Star books in March:
The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2) by Elizabeth Hoyt Murder on Gramercy Park (Gaslight Mystery, #3) by Victoria Thompson The Late Show (Renée Ballard, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #29) by Michael Connelly

I finished 11 books this month. I had several 5-Star and 4.5-Star books. Only one clinker. Overall a good month.

message 13: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinmy) | 2240 comments Lauren wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month? Yes
I finished the Night Prince series with Into the Fire (Night Prince, #4) by Jeaniene Frost and I also DNF'd [bookcover:Grave Phantoms|2231086..."

Oh my. I just started the Roaring Twenties series by Jenn Bennett. I'm sorry you didn't like that book.

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Laura wrote: "Great month for you. I'm glad you liked Roomies. All of Christina Lauren's books are fantastic! I'm happy I kept up with you in Tracers...."

I LOVED Roomies so thank you for encouraging me to listen to it last month. I’m still thinking about that story.

Thanks for participating in the Tracers group read. You and Anita made it so much more interesting, having someone to talk to about the books each month.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2203 comments 1. I got up to date in 4 series this month.
Touch of Red (Tracers, #12) by Laura Griffin Hooking Up by Helena Hunting Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10) by Sawyer Bennett The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4) by Kristen Proby
I finished one series
Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5) by Jill Shalvis All I Want (Animal Magnetism, #7) by Jill Shalvis

2. I started 5 new series
Cuffed I will continue, even though this was average. I liked the story and writing but I disliked the heroine.
Mystery Man I will continue was like Rock Chick series which was a pleasant surprise.
Misadventures of a City Girl this was actually book 2, not that it matters. It was so so. Too short,and underdeveloped. I may read an installment here and there, but not all look that interesting to me.
Four Letter Word. I loved this will continue
Man Hands This was great, very funny I will continue

3. I moved forward in the Rough Riders series with
Kissin' Tell (Rough Riders, #13) by Lorelei James Gone Country (Rough Riders, #14) by Lorelei James
Jamison Valley The Lucky Heart (Jamison Valley, #3) by Devney Perry
I-Team Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare

4. My 5 star reads were Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3) by Pamela Clare this series keeps getting better and better Hooking Up by Helena Hunting Helena Hunting is becoming one of my favorite authors.
Then Came You (Animal Magnetism, #5) by Jill Shalvis my favorite books of this series is when they take place in the vet clinic with one of the vets.
Mystery Man (Dream Man, #1) by Kristen Ashley - Over the top hero, non stop action fun read.

5. Overall I read 16 books which I think is the most I have ever read in a month. I finished up Tracers for now, the first group read I've ever kept up with. I feel like I am staying fairly well organized with my plan and goals. I'm reading older series along with newer series and making some headway on series that have been gathering dust.

message 16: by Jonetta (new)

Robin wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
No

Yes, I started Jenn Bennett's Roaring Twenties ser..."

You had a very good month, Robin! Moving forward in 5 series is great.

I really enjoyed The Late Show, too. Those dangling issues we discussed kept me from giving it that 5th star.

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Laura wrote: "1. I got up to date in 4 series this month.
Touch of Red (Tracers, #12) by Laura GriffinHooking Up by Helena HuntingReed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10) by Sawyer BennettThe Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4) by Kristen Proby
I finished one series
[bo..."

Congratulations on achieving that milestone (16 books read)! It’s so much easier when you’re enjoying just about everything you’re reading. And, you did well with your series reading.

I-Team is so, so good. Check out the discussions in TDD for the series.

Thanks for even more books for me to follow up on:)

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2203 comments Jonetta wrote: "Laura wrote: "Great month for you. I'm glad you liked Roomies. All of Christina Lauren's books are fantastic! I'm happy I kept up with you in Tracers...."

I LOVED Roomies so thank ..."

You're welcome, I enjoyed our discussions, thanks for posting the questions!

message 19: by ~ Giulia ~ (new)

~ Giulia ~ | 104 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
The Revolution of Ivy - completed

The Invisible Library - will not continue
One Shot - it was very good and I'll definitely read more of them but for now I think I'll treat them as standalones
The Thief- will continue

I moved forward in 3 series
Murder on Gramercy Park
Red Glove
Blood Rites

When the Sea Turned to Silver - Lovely children's book that was just the lighthearted break I needed amidst all the murder investigations I was reading (and I'm a sucker for bards/storytellers)

I read 10 books this month! Even if some of them weren't very long it's still kind of a record for me.

message 20: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1069 comments 1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed three series:
Het lot van de nar (Tawny Man#3) by Robin Hobb
Firesong (Wind on Fire #3) by William Nicholson
Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse #13) by Charlaine Harris

I started three new series:
De moord op Assepoester by Mary Higgins Clark, not sure if I will continue it was ok but it is not my usual genre and I only had the book because it was a gift
Verwelken (Wither) by Lauren DeStefano, not sure about this one either I owned the book because I won it (a few years ago) and it was ok, but maybe if I can get the books cheap
Anna & de French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, I will continue this series

Besides the books already mentioned I moved forward in one more series:
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

My favorites where: Het lot van de nar by Robin Hobb and Britt-Marie var här by Fredrik Backman.

A very productive month for my series buth also in total books. I read 14 books (ranging from 50 - 768 pages) :)

Het lot van de nar by Robin Hobb Firesong (Wind On Fire trilogy, #3) by William Nicholson Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13) by Charlaine Harris De moord op Assepoester by Mary Higgins Clark Verwelken (The Chemical Garden, #1) by Lauren DeStefano Anna & de French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1) by Stephanie Perkins City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare Britt-Marie var här by Fredrik Backman

message 21: by Lauren (new)

Robin wrote: "Oh my. I just started the Roaring Twenties series by Jenn Bennett. I'm sorry you didn't like that book.
."

The other two are wonderful though. I think I gave book #1 5 stars.

message 22: by Lauren (new)

Lieke wrote: " started three new series:
De moord op Assepoester by Mary Higgins Clark, not sure if I will continue it was ok but it is not my usual genre and I only had the book because it was a gift."

Mary Higgins Clark was a go to author for me in my teens when I first got into mysteries. I haven't read any of her newer books but this one looks really interesting. Going to add it to the TBR.

message 23: by Jonetta (new)

~ Giulia ~ wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
The Revolution of Ivy - completed

[bo..."

Ooh, another record! Congratulations, Giulia, on a very good month.

I’m like you, needing to read something sweet in between my murder and mayhem.

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

Lieke wrote: "1. Did you complete and/or get up to date in any series this month?
I completed three series:
Het lot van de nar (Tawny Man#3) by Robin Hobb
Firesong (Wind on Fire #3..."

Another record! Congratulations, Lieke on 14 books AND your series progress. Well done.

I’m also thrilled to see you give Britt-Marie Was Here 5 stars. I have the audiobook. I recently finished A Man Called Ove and watched the movie. Loved both. I envy you being able to read it in the originally written language.