Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > April Birthdays LIH 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ready for the start of another month. Cleaning up and getting ready for Our next birthday month, April, starts out with Easter so hoping everyone has a good day. I will put up the list in a few minutes..
I have refreshed the ice tea and kind sin the icebox as well as the lemonade and milk. I have put the coffee pots and the pots for hot water for tea on a timer so they should be ready when you all come thru.

I am putting daffodils in the vases on the tables with yellow tablecloths with flowers on the edges.

message 2: by Melinda (last edited Apr 21, 2018 06:36PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments The list for April is as follows:
April 1- Carla Capshaw
April 14 – Cheryl
April 15- Gee , Jennifer
April 17 -Lauri K and Lenora Worth
April 19, Katie,
April 23- Sam
April 24- Melinda
April 26 - Gabrielle
April 27- Margaret and Jenn
I have Terri and Candy on the list but no dates.

If you have a birthday or know the date s for Terri and Candy let us know so we all can celebrate..

message 3: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments First we are celebrating Easter as well as Carla Capshaw's birthday on April 1.

Hanging banners in shades of purple for Carla's birthday.

Happy Easter to everyone!
Happy Birthday , Carla!

I am adding coconut cake three tiers high. I also see some Easter bunnies made out of chocolate , dark and milk. I have added bowls of jellybeans to al of the tables.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Carla!
Happy Easter everyone!

message 5: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson (cnnamongirlaolcom) | 64 comments Happy Birthday, Carla!
Happy Easter to all!

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4954 comments Happy birthday Carla I am adding Cake pops off any sort.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Carla!

message 8: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
You are such a cheerful group! I'm a little bummed because we're supposed to be buried in snow tomorrow. I like snow BUT NOT IN APRIL!
And April always was a big month for birthdays in my family. But sadly both my dh and I have lost brothers who had back to back birthdays April 3 and 4th.
I guess I'm a bit stressed over the snow. SORRY!

message 9: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Jenny,
Thanks for the cakepops.

Lyn,
Spring will come for you but not today from the sounds of it.

message 10: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments A belated happy birthday, Carla. I hope your day was filled with joy.

message 11: by Lyn (new)

Melinda wrote: "Jenny,
Thanks for the cakepops.

Lyn,
Spring will come for you but not today from the sounds of it."

Too true, Melinda. I am not going to let it get to me!!!!

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Just a reminder that we are having a Q & A with Dorothy and Lyn that started today, Monday April 2. Come and join us.

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 265 comments Happy birthday Carla!!!!!!!!!

message 14: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Hi Melinda and all. I'm sorry I'm late getting here. I went straight from our Easter Parade event to this month's Q &A.

Happy belated birthday, Carla. I hope you had a wonderful day.

We are having a good time over at the Q&A, ladies. Come and join us.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hibdon (jenniferhibdon) | 25 comments Hope everyone had a great Easter. Carla, hope you enjoyed your special day. The table looks lovely with all the purple and yellow.

message 16: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Hi Melinda! I just dropped by to see if you needed any help with the preparations for Cheryl's birthday. If you need an extra pair of hands while your hanging banners, or setting tables, just let me know. I've been climbing ladders all my life. :-)

If you're good, I'll just concentrate on making a delicious recipe I found in a magazine to bring to the party on the 14th.

message 17: by Melinda (last edited Apr 12, 2018 05:08PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Hi Melinda! I just dropped by to see if you needed any help with the preparations for Cheryl's birthday. If you need an extra pair of hands while your hanging banners, or setting tables, just let m..."

Dorothy,
A little help is appreciated as we have a birthdays Saturday and Sunday. If you could help with balloons and the tables while I get the banners hung. I can not wait to try whatever you are baking. I am hanging banners of blue, yellow and pink for our three birthdays this weekend.

message 18: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I hope all of you have good weather this weekend . They are saying that we will have bad weather Saturday. I am going to do Saturday and Sunday's birthdays so if the internet goes out it will be up.
Dorothy is getting the balloons placed. The balloons are blue, yellow and pink but she also has stripes and stars on the balloons. They are cute.
Dorothy,
Thank you for putting the tablecloths on. I have decided to use our plates that are either yellow, blue or pink so we continue the Spring theme colors. I have refreshed all of the drinks. The coffee pots are on a timer and have a warming try their. Hot water is there as well. The ice tea is in the ice box, all of the different types. There is water in the ice box if you want real cold water . A pitcher of water is out.

I am putting a Blueberry pie that has a graham cracker crust than the first layer is a mixture of cream cheese sugar and cool whip than a blueberry puree that has been cooked and strains. I will put cool whip out so you can add it if you want.

message 19: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Our Saturday, April 14 birthday is Cheryl. Sunday,April 15- is Gee and Jennifer's birthday.

Ladies , I hope you have a special day.

Happy Birthday Cheryl.Gee and Jennifer!

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Cherly, Gee and Jennifer! I've brought an angel food cake with fresh strawberries.

I hope the power stays on for you, Melinda.

message 21: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments The decorations are lovely and the treats yummy!
It's a birthday weekend!
Happy Birthday Cheryl!
Happy Birthday Gee!
Happy Birthday Jennifer!

message 22: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Cheryl, Gee and Jennifer! Hope all of you had a wonderful day! Hope it's been a good weather day wherever you are too! :)

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hibdon (jenniferhibdon) | 25 comments Thanx for the birthday wishes! Happy birthday Cheryl and Gee!

message 24: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy Birthday, Cheryl, Gee and Jennifer! Hope you all had a lovely birthday!

message 25: by Lyn (new)

Andrea wrote: "The decorations are lovely and the treats yummy!
It's a birthday weekend!
Happy Birthday Cheryl!
Happy Birthday Gee!
Happy Birthday Jennifer!"

I will get busy and bake my Wilderness chocolate chip cookies--a crowd pleaser!!

message 26: by Melinda (last edited Apr 16, 2018 07:12PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Made it thru the storms Saturday . Farther away from us they had tornadoes. We had some wind and rain and plenty of thunderstorms but we kept our electric.

Cleaning up and getting ready for the next birthday . and refreshing all of the drinks.
Putting our decorations for tomorrow, banners colors of light blue and almond. the tables are light almond color and floral vases are full of yellow daffodils

Lauri K.'s birthday is tomorrow, April 17.

message 27: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy, Birthday , Laurie K.!
I am putting a Lemon Bundt cake on the table,

Have a wonderful day, Laurie

message 28: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Laurie!
I'm putting out some chocolate cupcakes on the table.

Have a GREAT day!

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea,
the cupcakes smell wonderful. I will just have to try one.
Hope you are feeling better.

message 30: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Laurie!

message 31: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Laurie! I've brought cheesecake with cherries.

message 32: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Laurie!

message 33: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I just realize that the List I had had Lenora Worth's birthday on the wrong day. It is April 17 so I have updated it.

Belated Happy Birthday to Lenora Worth! She is celebrating 25 years of being published last month,March.

message 34: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Since, we did not have a date for Terri and Candy ,and we are half way thru the month ,let's wish them a Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday, Terri and Candy !

message 35: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy belated birthday to all the ladies, Gee, Jennifer, Lauri K. and Lenora. Sorry I couldn't get here in time. We are having a very strange April--weather wise. I think 41 is our high for the month so far. And it snows an inch or so every day. The storms in the upper atmosphere are playing havoc with the internet.

I have brought some caramel brownies with vanilla bean ice cream by way of apology.

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "Happy belated birthday to all the ladies, Gee, Jennifer, Lauri K. and Lenora. Sorry I couldn't get here in time. We are having a very strange April--weather wise. I think 41 is our high for the mon..."

Dorothy,
Glad you could make it. The caramel brownies with ice cream sounds wonderful.
Hope Spring gets to you soon.

message 37: by Melinda (last edited Apr 18, 2018 08:12PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Refreshing the drinks and changing table clothes to blue and white checked cloths. Hanging new Banners for our next birthday in blue and white.
I am adding the strawberry delight-this is made with angel food cake and strawberries in a strawberry jello that you let just begin to gel then layer with cool whip on top. I also am adding blueberries to the table as well as concord grapes.
Katie is our next birthday which is Thursday, April 19.

message 38: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy birthday , Katie !
Hope the weather is good where you are. Do something special.

message 39: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Katie!

message 40: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy Birthday, Katie! Hope you have a great day.

message 41: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Melinda wrote: "Refreshing the drinks and changing table clothes to blue and white checked cloths. Hanging new Banners for our next birthday in blue and white.
I am adding the strawberry delight-this is made wit..."

Melinda, The blue and white theme makes the room look very festive. Especially with that strawberry delight sitting there calling my name... ;-)

message 42: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Terri!
Happy Birthday, Candy!
May your year be filled with blessings!

message 43: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Birthday, Katie!

message 44: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Katie! Hope your day was awesome!

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hibdon (jenniferhibdon) | 25 comments Happy Birthday, Katie!!!! Hope you enjoyed your day!!!!

message 46: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Belated Birthdays, Laurie, Terri, Candy, and Katie! Sorry to be late but I am out of town.

message 47: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Hope everyone has had a good weekend. Cleaning this up for the next couple of birthdays. Hanging new banners which are pink and purple which is our theme for the next birthday. tablecloths are half pink/white checks...half purple/white. Refreshing the drinks and putting the timer on the coffee pot and hot water. The rest of the drinks are in the icebox.

message 48: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Our next birthday is Monday, April 23 and is Sam's birthday.

Happy birthday Sam! Have a wonderful day Hope you are doing something special.

I am adding a cinnamon coffee cake to go with the coffee, tea, hot tea or milk or water for those who are early. Figured I need to start early so Jenny gets a chance at everything.

message 49: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Sam! I just made a yummy carrot cake to add to the table.

message 50: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Sam, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a GREAT day!
I added an old-fashioned pineapple upside down cake to the table.

Becky, the carrot cake is delish!

« previous 1