Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > April Non-Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 2008 comments Mod
If you opted out of a romance, please share what you are listening to this month.

message 2: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I'm listening to Vita Brevis (Medicus Investigation #7) by Ruth Downie , the 7th book in the Medicus series. So far so good - first book set in Rome!

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4419 comments Mod
I’m listening to Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh.
Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh, one of the strangest stories I’ve ever read. Highly recommend and here’s my review.

I’m now listening to Sulfur Springs by William Kent Krueger, Cork O’Connor #16.
Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh Sulfur Springs (Cork O'Connor, #16) by William Kent Krueger

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Sulfur Springs by William Kent Krueger, Cork O’Connor #16, and enjoyed this one, written in first-person narrative for the first time. Here’s my review.

I’m now listening to Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly, Harry Bosch Universe #30.
Sulfur Springs (Cork O'Connor, #16) by William Kent Krueger Two Kinds of Truth (Harry Bosch, #20; Harry Bosch Universe, #30) by Michael Connelly

message 6: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I'm currently listening to Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins.

I think it might have a little romance, but probably would be considered Women's fiction. I'm about 10% in and enjoying it, so far so good!

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I'm currently listening to Now That You Mention It by Kristan HigginsNow That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins.

I think it might have a little romance, but probably would be con..."

She used to write straight romance and has recently shifted to Contemporary Fiction (hate the term women’s fiction) with some romantic elements. I really liked this one and hope you continue to enjoy.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Two Kinds of Truth by Michael Connelly, Harry Bosch Universe #30, and couldn’t put it down. Here’s my review.

I’m now listening to The Angels' Share by J.R. Ward, The Bourbon Kings #2.
Two Kinds of Truth (Harry Bosch, #20; Harry Bosch Universe, #30) by Michael Connelly The Angels' Share (The Bourbon Kings, #2) by J.R. Ward

message 9: by L J (new)

L J | 366 comments Jonetta wrote: "KathyB wrote: "I'm currently listening to Now That You Mention It by Kristan HigginsNow That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins.

I think it might have a little romance...shifted to Contemporary Fiction (hate the term women’s fiction)..."

Agree on term women's fiction aka chick lit. There's also men's adventure or d!@k lit.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Exactly.

message 11: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments L J wrote: "Agree on term women's fiction aka chick lit. There's also men's adventure or d!@k lit.
.."

Ha, di@k lit! I need to make a shelf with that name!

BTW- I finished Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins Now That You Mention It, it was great. I really liked the story and setting, 4+ Stars.

message 12: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Close to Home by Cara Hunter, DI Adam Fawley #1.
Close to Home (DI Adam Fawley, #1) by Cara Hunter

message 14: by Jonetta (new)

Samantha wrote: "I'm listening to Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail HoneymanEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman"

Loved that story.

message 15: by Samantha (new)

I'm hoping it is a win for me.

message 16: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 34 comments I listened to They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera which I loved.

Currently listening to Touch by Claire North which I'm enjoying a lot.

message 17: by Mara (new)

Mara Pemberton (marapem) | 158 comments Listening to Cave of Bones (Leaphorn & Chee #22) by Anne Hillerman .

message 18: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I started The Wife by Alafair Burke The Wife by Alafair Burke today. I'm about 15% in and enjoying it. I'm going in blind, hopefully it's good!

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I started The Wife by Alafair BurkeThe Wife by Alafair Burke today. I'm about 15% in and enjoying it. I'm going in blind, hopefully it's good!"

I went blind, too, and am glad I did. Enjoy!

message 20: by Samantha (new)

KathyB wrote: "I started The Wife by Alafair BurkeThe Wife by Alafair Burke today. I'm about 15% in and enjoying it. I'm going in blind, hopefully it's good!"

I have that on hold at my library. Hope you enjoy.

message 21: by Samantha (new)

I finished Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman and enjoyed it. It was not as I had expected but it was still a good story. I wanted more and I felt as though some of the story fell a bit flat for me.

I started Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn Sharp Objects There is suppose to be a limited series coming out on HBO of this. Let's see how this plays out.

message 22: by Alisa (new)

Alisa | 34 comments Samantha wrote: "I finished Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely FineEleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman and enjoyed it. It was not as I had expected but it was still a good story. I ..."

I loved Sharp Objects. I thought it was a great book with a very good narrator. It's pretty gritty though. Looks at some tough subjects.

message 23: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 684 comments I finished The Wife by Alafair Burke The Wife and enjoyed it. The pace was fast, I didn't want to stop listening. Overall, very entertaining... now I need a sweet, HEA book!

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

KathyB wrote: "I finished The Wife by Alafair BurkeThe Wife and enjoyed it. The pace was fast, I didn't want to stop listening. Overall, very entertaining... now I need a sweet, HEA book!"

That’s how I felt, too:)

message 25: by Samantha (new)

I finished Sharp Objects it was good. Such a wild ride.

I'm starting Behind Closed Doors Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Close to Home by Cara Hunter, DI Adam Fawley #1, and enjoyed the start of what promises to be a really good police procedural. Here’s my review.
Close to Home (DI Adam Fawley, #1) by Cara Hunter

message 27: by Samantha (new)

Listening to Uprooted by Naomi Novik Uprooted

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.