Riordan Readers discussion

April 2018 Book of the Month > Chapters One-Four

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica I’ve read the Percy Jackson series before and I did not enjoy it. I actually listened to the audiobooks. I did not like the narrator. I want to give them a try again because they are so loved. I’m reading the physical books this time around. I just finished the first four chapters and I really liked them. Grover is a sweetheart and made me laugh. He’s supposed to protect Percy but it seems like Percy is protecting him at times. I love Percy’s love for his mom. It’s sweet. Most kids would resent their parents for putting them in boarding schools. He wouldn’t leave her or Grover in the car to protect himself. Percy’s sense of humor is adorable. His comment about knowing all this was real because he doesn’t have much of an imagination made me laugh out loud. The banter between Percy and Grover also had me laughing. “You meant ‘you.’ As in me.” “I meant you, like ‘someone.’ Not you, you.”
I loved the bull fighting scene with Percy’s red rain coat. Very clever. I’m excited to continue. They’ve made it to camp and Annabeth has made her appearance.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Eaton (aries1984) | 3 comments Percy Jackson is one of my favorite series. I read the series a second time last fall. the only reason why I started to read it was because of the movies.