What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book series about 5? teens? who got special abilities when a star exploded. They're more powerful together. One boy could regenerate (make new) everything around him. Another power was identifying a person/thing's weakness. Spoilers ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blane (new)

Blane Nichols | 2 comments Please help. I read this series of books in highschool. Somewhere between 2004-2006. It was about 5? people (teens i think) who had special abilities. They got these abilities when a star exploded. (I dont remeber if they were all the same age and were born at the same time the star exploded or if they were all different ages) the closer they get together the more powerful they are because the are all part of the same star. By the end of the series they figure out that if they all stand together in a certain formation they are most powerful. I remember one of the abilities a boy had was the power of regeneration. (Not like wolverine but everything around him would start to revert to when it was new ex abandoned rundown cabin that he used to stay in for a few nights, after a couple hours the wallpaper looked like it was new and the expired food on the shelves was edible again. One of the last things i remember was one of the main characters had the ability to tell the weakness of anything or anyone. He could destroy anyone with a single sentence whispered in their ear. And he destroyed a dam (i think the hoover but that could be wrong) by tapping the sidewalk near the dam with a stone (bc that was its weak spot) causing the dam to break a few hrs later. Any help would be appreciated!

(Btw it is not the "i am number 4" series)

message 2: by Kym (last edited Apr 01, 2018 02:26AM) (new)

message 3: by Blane (new)

Blane Nichols | 2 comments Kym wrote: "Scorpion Shards by Neal Shusterman?"

This sounds right, and after reading the summary im 95% sure it's right. Ill let you know after i start reading it. I have literally been googling for this book for 5 days and didnt get that title once. Thank you so much. It was driving me crazy. I cant begin to express how much this was bothering me.

message 4: by Kym (new)

Kym | 1058 comments I know the feeling Blane :) Please let us know if this is the correct book, or if the search is to be continued.

Thanks.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Apr 02, 2018 11:03AM) (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Here is the Google Books preview of Scorpion Shards by Neal Shusterman - https://books.google.com/books?id=NYT... (There are different cover images.)

I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to edit it using the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38146 comments Mod
Blane, was "Scorpion Shards" your book or are you still looking?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Scorpion Shards (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Neal Shusterman (other topics)