50 books to read before you die discussion

Jurassic Park (Jurassic Park, #1)
This topic is about Jurassic Park
Book Discussions - 100 list > Jurrasic Park

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Buck (last edited Mar 31, 2018 06:08PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Buck (spectru) Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton was voted to be our group read for April 2018 from our list of 100 Books They Didn't Tell Us About.

Buck (spectru) The great movie, which surely everybody has seen, informed my mental images of the setting and the characters in Jurassic Park. How can one not picture Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm, Richard Attenborough as John Hammond, and Wayne (Newman) Knight as Dennis Nedry. Some of the characters were different from the movie and the book was like a different version of the movie. This is good science fiction. I'm not an expert in paleontology, genetics, late eighties computer coding, or the chaos theory in mathematics, all of which figure prominently in this story, but they certainly seemed authentic. It's a can't-put-it-down read.

Christine Just finished reading this, very enjoyable, I didn't find it as scary as the movie, but I enjoy all stuff about genetics etc.,

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) I always enjoyed this book better than the movie. Although the movie has great action sequences and some memorable moments, I thought Spielberg made a mistake by making Hammond a lovable old grandpa type instead of the heartless money-grubber he is in the book.