Play Book Tag discussion

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1)
This topic is about Anne of Green Gables
Archive: Other Books > Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery ★★★★

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1367 comments I read Anne of Green Gables as part of a readalong because I had never read it before. I was worried I wouldn't like it because classics and I don't always get along very well. I needn't have worried because I adored Anne and her spunk.

I can see why this coming-of-age story is a classic. Anne of Green Gables is endearing with its quaint setting and memorable characters. As I said, I love Anne. She reminded me of myself, other than of her being ever the optimist. (I'm definitely not an optimist.) Like her, I love to name plants and inanimate objects anthropomorphizing them. I'm extremely talkative and competitive. I love fiercely and tend to hold grudges even though I try not to. I quite related to her.

I also loved the secondary characters, some more than others. Matthew was my favorite. He was such a kind soul, always looking out for Anne. I wish we had gotten to know Gilbert more. (view spoiler) And, even though I was often frustrated with Marilla's no-nonsense ways, I even liked her because I knew she loved Anne.

I'm glad I can say that I've finally read Anne of Green Gables and I look forward to reading at least the second book in the series at some point in the future.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6015 comments I also waited until I was over 50 before I read this ... now I'm up to book # 8 in the series. Just love Anne.

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments This is one of my April books for strong women.

message 4: by Susie (new) - added it

Susie | 4488 comments I adored Anne when I was a child!

Karin | 7202 comments A true classic!

message 6: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten | 29 comments Absolutely adored this book when I was younger - had several copies (illustrated and not) as well as a doll. Have reread it several times and living in Canada, I've even been to a couple of scene reproductions from the book at Pioneer villages. You might wanna check out the new show Anne on Netflix, which is also quite enjoyable.