THE Group for Authors! discussion

Publishing and Promoting > International Giveaway?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T. (new)

T. Renee | 18 comments I'm not sure which threat it was on, but someone (and I thank that someone) mentioned that it would be wise to create an authors page on amazon and not just specific to the country your in but others as well. Well I have, and I have a follow up question, how do you/can you host giveaways for those other countries, because I don't see a link and if anyone has was it worth it or was it just a big headache?

message 2: by Shaun (last edited Apr 06, 2018 05:19AM) (new)

Shaun (sponting) | 101 comments Hello! Since you've created an authors page on Amazon, it'd be best to ask Amazon Author Central Support for assistance with creating a giveaway on that platform. I did also look up FAQs here and found under point #8 the following:

"Giveaways are only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. or D.C., 18 or older."

If you're wanting to offer a Goodreads Giveaway, you can do so here, but these are not open to international users (just yet). Please note that all authors and publishers can run giveaways for entrants who are U.S. residents. Here are some further FAQs for Goodreads Giveaways.

I hope this information helps!

message 3: by Jennice (new)

Jennice | 3 comments Shaun wrote: "Hello! Since you've created an authors page on Amazon, it'd be best to ask Amazon Author Central Support for assistance with creating a giveaway on that platform. I did also look up FAQs here and f..."
Well this do not sound fair to me. Is it only Americans who are literate enough to read a book, while the rest of the world is full of barbarians?

message 4: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Hi Jennice. While the giveaway program has been launched in the US, we do plan to expand this in the future.

message 5: by T. (new)

T. Renee | 18 comments Thanks Jaclyn,
The information helped but I am a little bummed, but thank you so much for the info. I guess I'll keep researching and come up with something.

T

message 6: by Jennice (new)

Jennice | 3 comments Jaclyn wrote: "Hi Jennice. While the giveaway program has been launched in the US, we do plan to expand this in the future."

Jaclyn wrote: "Hi Jennice. While the giveaway program has been launched in the US, we do plan to expand this in the future."

Jaclyn wrote: "Hi Jennice. While the giveaway program has been launched in the US, we do plan to expand this in the future."
Thanks for your reply Jaclyn. I am glad that Goodreads' team is planning to take some initiative in this matter. Hoping to see an international giveaway soon :)