Lightbringer Read-Along discussion

Other Discussions > I, Night Angel

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chad (new)

Chad | 8 comments Since Ryan started a topic on the other short from Weeks, I thought I should start one for this one.

If you've read the short, share your thoughts here. How well would this set up a new series? Do you even want to see Weeks go back to that world or would you prefer he do something new? Personally, I was extremely happy to get some new Night Angel content, the short length just left me wanting more though.

message 2: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Phelps | 9 comments I'm torn...I would love to see more from this series, but it did wrap up well and Weeks could easily stop. He's given us a glimpse of Durzo's past and a glimpse of Kylar's future as the Night Angel that does leave me wanting more though. I really think Weeks has grown as a writer significantly since he began the Night Angel trilogy and I would love to see how he would continue this storyline. If he were to continue, I'm not sure how much more he can get out of it...there's such a fine balance before the original storyline is threatened.

message 3: by Chad (new)

Chad | 8 comments Thats an excellent point. one thing that makes The Night Angel trilogy so special is that its unique. And the story does wrap up nicely.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Personally, id like to see more stories from Durzo's past. There are literally dozens of stories that could be told, that span 700 years. That would be a way of continuing in that world without having an impact on the Kylars story. Maybe im just grabbing at straws now. Haha. I just really want more...

message 4: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (asia83) | 21 comments What is this short and how do I get it?

message 5: by Chad (new)

Chad | 8 comments Joanna wrote: "What is this short and how do I get it?"

Its a bonus they're giving away for pre-ordering The Broken Eye. Check out the post on Brent's page here: http://www.brentweeks.com/2014/07/pre...

message 6: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Phelps | 9 comments I agree that I want to see more. And we did get that novella about some of Durzo's background but it would be interesting to hear more of the original story and some of his adventures since...maybe Weeks could do a book or two that relate stories from Durzo's past to the "present" storyline of Kylar after the Night Angel trilogy. It would be easy to assume that there would be some parallel stories as both learned to cope with life as the Night Angel.

message 7: by Joanna (new)

Joanna (asia83) | 21 comments Chad wrote: "Joanna wrote: "What is this short and how do I get it?"

Its a bonus they're giving away for pre-ordering The Broken Eye. Check out the post on Brent's page here: http://www.brentweeks.com/2014/0..."

As usual Europe gets screwed up :-( I hope someone will eventually post it online

message 8: by Jeremy (new)

Jeremy R | 8 comments I really want more.... I'm confident Weeks could write another series in the world without forfeiting the originality that makes the Night Angel trilogy so great, and I really hope he does. Another thing... If there was another series that focused on Kylar, does anyone think Durzo would be in it? Would anyone want Durzo to be in it? The Wolf (I think that's the black ka'Kari, don't remember though; haven't read it in a while) granted Durzo one more life, but Durzo will likely just want to spend that time with Momma K.

message 9: by Slick (new)

Slick | 13 comments Kylar is immortal he has a great timeline to go on.
Trudanna, the rebirth of the king, there is alot to work with I am dying to see if brent will try for another trilogy.

message 10: by Yup (new)

Yup | 13 comments IIRC when he's discussed continuing night angel in the past he's made it clear that he'd only return to the world, not to the characters (though they may be present). So you'd see another story set in the same world, just with different people. Don't quote me on that, though.