Public Domain Readers discussion

Mary Roberts Rinehart
This topic is about Mary Roberts Rinehart
Monthly Themed Archives > April 2018 - Author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sawako (new)

Sawako | 485 comments Mod
Each month we will read a public domain book in a certain genre, about a particular subject/theme, or by a specific author.
This month we'll read books written by Mary Roberts Rinehart. And You can find her books on Gutenberg and LibriVox.

We've added points to our group activities. 5 points for reporting which book or story you've decided to read. Another 5 for discussing what you're reading and the author's writing style.

The one who gets the highest points will pick what the group will read the next month. Which it will be announced here.

message 2: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 365 comments Mod
The first Mary Roberts Rinehart's book I read was The Case of Jennie Brice. I enjoyed it a lot. It's only a novella, but everything needed in a story is there.

I have The Circular Staircase, Bab: a Sub-Deb, and K on my TBR list.

message 3: by Sawako (new)

I've read The Man in Lower Ten, The Breaking Point, and The Street of Seven Stars. I've enjoyed The Breaking Point the most.

And I want to read The Window at the White Cat and When a Man Marries

I look forward to your book reviews.

message 4: by Tim (new)

Tim Smith | 80 comments Mod
I'm starting to read The Circular Staircase. This is the first novel I'm reading by her. I've never read any of her novels before this.

message 5: by Sawako (new)

Tim wrote: "I'm starting to read The Circular Staircase. This is the first novel I'm reading by her. I've never read any of her novels before this."

Great. And I've started the discussion thread so we can discuss the book when we finish reading it.

message 6: by Tim (new)

Tim Smith | 80 comments Mod
I finished reading The Circular Staircase last night. I left a link to my review in the discussion thread along with some thoughts.

I am starting to read The Man in Lower Ten.

message 7: by Sawako (new)

Our April's winner is Tim. 🎉🎉Congralutaions Tim, you are our first winner of the year. 🎉🎉 Now, you can decide what we will read in June. Thanks for your participation.