Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > April (2018) New Releases

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
The top 200 books published in April 2018 that people have added on Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...

message 2: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4069 comments Mod
I definitely want to read Leah on the Offbeat, as I loved her previous Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments Very interested in Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence Grey Sister... would need to read Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence Red Sister first. However, I'll probably wait until all three books are released, and then read them all around the same time.

Will be picking up Head On (Lock In, #2) by John Scalzi Head On. Might re-read the first one & prequel, because I remember very little.

message 4: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I have the Red/Grey Sister books on my to-read list as well. Unfortunately, I've been overwhelmed with work and everyday chaos lately and can't seem to bring up the energy to read anything that requires any sort of investment of time or brain cells.

I'm really looking forward to Inferno (Talon, #5) by Julie Kagawa .

Circe by Madeline Miller sounds interesting as well (I loved The Song of Achilles)

Maybe The Oracle Year by Charles Soule ?

But, I'm not sure when or if I'll find the time again to really immerse myself in a book. It's a bit exhausting tbh.

message 5: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 8 comments Janina wrote: "I have the Red/Grey Sister books on my to-read list as well. Unfortunately, I've been overwhelmed with work and everyday chaos lately and can't seem to bring up the energy to read anything that req..."

Would love to read Circe as well...

message 6: by Savanes, Moderator (new)

Savanes | 2017 comments Mod
I'm also interested in the red/grey sister trilogy.
And I added My Dear Hamilton A Novel of Eliza Schuyler Hamilton by Stephanie Dray to my tbr

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 116 comments I’m really looking forward to Circe as well.

message 8: by Kristie, Moderator (new)

Kristie | 5946 comments Mod
I want to read Scourged. It is the final book in the Iron Druid series.

I have a few others that I'm interested in, but nothing that jumps out at me as something I'm definitely reading.

message 9: by Vicki Willis (last edited May 12, 2018 08:57PM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 834 comments I got the Kindle First book An American Princess The Many Lives of Allene Tew by Annejet van der Zijl An American Princess: The Many Lives of Allene Tew for the month of April (or maybe it was May) and I just read it. It was very good! If you got it, I would recommend it. It was very interesting about this time period of the world.

I also read Trespassing by Brandi Reeds Trespassing which also was a kindle first for maybe March or April and it was very good too! A suspense thriller that I flew through.

I recommend both of those if you happened to pick them up.

message 10: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments I started listening to Circe by Madeline Miller and I think it is the most amazing audiobook I have ever listened to. The story itself is beautifully written (and I have never had a great interest in Greek mythology). It is like watching a poetic, lyrical and fascinating soap opera (slightly over the top - fantastical) or reading a diary of Circe who happens to be a very rad yet so far strangely naive woman). And the narration just brings it to life in a way that makes you think it's all real and Circe is actually your friend just telling you about all of these things ... I love this one (so far)