Mississippi Writers discussion

Bounded in a Nutshell
This topic is about Bounded in a Nutshell
Promoting a book of poetry

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have just published my first book of poetry, and I am curious as to "how" I can promote this book. I have used Twitter to get my name out there, and the publisher, Xlibris, has tweeted and re-tweeted many times, but I want to know how to reach a larger audience to get people interested in my book. The book is available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and the Xlibris bookstore. It's available in hardback, paperback, and in eBook format.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Oct 17, 2015 08:48AM) (new)

I would suggest looking into author events that may be associated with poetry. You could get yourself involved in a panel discussion or something like that. Public appearances are great for people getting to know you. I have made my best sales AFTER people met me in person. I plan to attend some regional fantasy/scifi/horror conventions to do this for my own genre. I also have a website and I do twitter and Facebook. Oh, and press releases are a big deal, too! Don't forget that ... Contact your local newspapers and see if you can't get some attention that way. Send them a write up with an author photo and book cover.