Blue Lake Academy discussion

Outside Campus > Arcade

Comments Showing 1-50 of 65 (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments This huge arcade is complete with a bowling alley, laser tag arena, rock climbing, and pizzeria.

message 2: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments It had been just a couple of weeks since classes had ended, yet Sienna hadn’t gone home yet. Most of her friends had already gone so she spent many of her afternoons alone in town.

That day she had decided to go to the arcade, mainly because it was awfully hot outside and she wanted to be indoors where there was air conditioner. She strolled around eyeing the games until she found one she wanted to play. It was one of those racing games with a steering wheel for two players.

She inserted a token and started playing...

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Nova walked into the arcade enjoying her last few days of freedom before she had to go back home with her step brother, Henry. He left right after school ended to go on a road trip with his friends and their parents were on their way back from a trip of their own. This left the house empty and Nova knew that being home alone was worse then being stuck at school for a bit longer.

After digging through her bag for hours she managed to find a handful of quarters that she could use to play the arcade games but she also brought a couple of bills just in case.

message 4: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments At the pizzeria, a lone girl sat eating a slice and drinking some soda. Katherine had been thoughtful all day, unsure as to what she was going to do in the summer. Her parents wanted her back home, but she had insisted that she didn’t want to... something she wasn’t sure she regretted or not. Either way, she was now there for the summer, at least some of it, and her lack of close friends was proving to be slightly bothersome. Most of whine she spoke with seemed to fade away and if she saw them again she would turn around and go another way.

However, she suddenly saw a girl she’d seen before, Sienna, playing in the arcade. Instantly, Katherine began to pick her stuff and leave but decided against it. She had a really nice conversation, and although in the end they hadn’t ended up doing anything afterwards she still considered sienna someone she wanted to meet, and when she learned Sienna had been prom queen she had wanted to congratulate her but her shyness had stood in her way. She finished her pizza, unsure as to what to do next.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

(( Should we have a roleplay order or no?))

message 6: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments ((I think that would make it a bit easier to follow, but maybe if someone takes too long to respond we can skip, just in case?))

message 7: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((I have and idea. Let’s set a time limit for someone to answer, if not, the others continue. Do you think two hours it’s okay?))

((Also, I’m writing the answer! Wait me a little bit, it won’t take long))

message 8: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna finished the race and left a small sigh. She sure enjoyed playing these games, but she missed playing them with a player two. Back home she used play with her little sister, but here she didn’t had anybody to do it. For a moment she thought about Tevi and how much she would like him to be here... but the mere memory of him caused her troubled feelings. She stopped thinking about that.

She kept strolling around the arcade when she made eye contact from afar with another girl. It was a BLA student. She had seen her around campus a couple of times, Sienna didn’t knew the girl’s name but she recognized her because of her silver hair.

She didn’t wanted to be rude so she smiled at her, and took a hesitant step towards her.

((Not ignoring Katherine. Sienna just has not seen her yet))

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Nova was about to go to one of the arcade games when she saw someone. The girl looked familiar but she couldn't seem to remember where she saw them before. Part of her wanted to go over to her but Nova thought that it might be weird as they'd never actually spoken to each other before. She looked down at the quarters in her hand before shoving them back in her grey sweater pocket. She hadn't bothered to put much effort in her outfit that day and was simply wearing that plus a black and white baseball tee and black capri leggings. She thought about it for a few more moments before deciding that she didn't have anything to lose. If anything bad happened she could just make an excuse to go back to her dorm, deliberately avoid her for a couple of days before going home and when she came back in September the girl probably wouldn't even remember her.

message 10: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine saw Sienna seemed to have spotted a girl, who in turn spotted her. Friend, perhaps? Her shyness was making it hard as it was... with a second person she should just better head back go her dorm...

“Goddamit Katherine,” she spoke silently to herself. She finished her soda, standing up. She wasn’t going to keep letting her fears stop her from talking to people. It was ridiculous! She took her things and placed them in the trash can as she picked up a backpack she always carried with her.

message 11: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments As she approached the girl, Sienna kept reflecting on how weird she probably looked to her. Why did she greeted her? Why was she going all the way over to her to say hello? The short distance between them seemed like a long walk of shame for Sienna, but there was not turning back.

“Hi!” Sienna greeted politely, adding a smile. It came out more warmly and welcoming than she expected, as if she was greeting a good friend. She liked how that came out and tried to keep that up.

She didn’t wanted to make thing weird for her either, and definitely she didn’t wanted to scare her away. She tried to remember if she had ever seen her hanging around with somebody she knew. Maybe Tevi or the King twins? What was Sienna even supposed to say!

She was dressed maybe too lightly that day, even for the BLA standards. With a tank top and shorts that went just a little bit over the dress code, but nobody had said anything to her on campus since summer began. Still, she felt a bit uncomfortable that another student saw her like this... Not that she showed any clue of that. She was very good at remaining chill and hide hints of her thoughts, which contributed to her looking confident -exactly the opposite she actually felt like-.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Nova was a bit relieved as she saw the girl walking towards her. Although she was quite confident in her decision to talk to the girl she was still happy that she didn't have to say the first word. She shoved her hands in her pockets and she started to play with a couple of the quarters.

"Hello," Nova responded while giving a small wave.

message 13: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments She walked towards Sienna and the other girl. She hoped Sienna wasn’t mad or anything... since she hadn’t talked to her since their encounter. As she walked she started gaining confidence, and soon she was walking normally and more confidently, although her shyness was still there.

((I’m going to wait until you two have spoken a bit more before she joins))

message 14: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna hadn’t noticed Katherine.

“Good to see you around!” she greeted, smiley as ever. “It’s nice to find people in town, most go away for summer vacations...”

Sienna suspected that maybe this girl also recognized her... but from where?

“We had some classes together last semester, didn’t we?” She inquired. She was almost sure they had math... or was it another class?

((We can just say that they did, if you want.))

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

“I’m going to be here for a couple more days before I go home for the summer.” Nova responded.

When Nova mentioned that the girl and her might have a class together it started to ring a bell in her head.

“Wait... I think we might have a class together!” Nova exclaimed, trying to place which one.

message 16: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "We had math together, didn't we?" Sienna answered happily.

"And yeah, me too. I'm leaving tomorrow, actually..." she added.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"Right... with Ms. Martinez!" Nova responded, happy to figure out where she remembered the girl from.

"Honestly, I wish I could stay here for the summer." Nova replied, remembering that she was going home to see her awful step-brother.

message 18: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "Hmhm!" Sienna mutteted as she nodded. She was happy too for finally remembering where she had seen the girl before.

"...Nova, right?" She asked a bit nervously. She thought she remembered right, but she wasn't 100% sure.

"Oh yeah? Where are you from?" She asked.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

“That’s me! Nova Alexander!” she replied enthusiastically. “You are... Sienna right?” She really hoped that she got the girl’s name right especially after she knew her’s.

“I’m from Atlanta.” Nova answered. “What about you?”

message 20: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled when she said her name, just to let her know it was correct.

“I’m from Toronto,” she answered. “And it’s been truly great here, but I do want to go back! I’m feeling really homesick lately...” She added, although it was just partially true. “Even if sometimes I feel that I just want to go out of that place... but I enjoyed my time here”.

message 21: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine reached the two girls. “Sienna! Hi!” she said smiling. Her insides where trembling, unsure of how the interaction was going to go... she really hoped she wouldn’t make anything to embarrass herself.

Such things tended to happen more often that not...

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"I guess I've also been a bit homesick but-" Nova started before she was interrupted by a girl. Nova turned her head to face the girl. She didn't recognize the girl but she must've known Sienna as she was talking to her.

message 23: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna felt a little bit frustrated that Nova hadn’t ended what she was saying because she was interrupted by Katherine, but didn’t thought much of it afterwards.

“Hi, Katherine,” Sienna greeted and added a smile. She had no clue if Nova and Katherine knew each other, although it was unlikely.

message 24: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine smiled. “Congratulations! I didn’t get to say it at prom!” She said. She felt a bit confused as to what to do next, so she looked at the other girl. “Oh, hi!” Part of her was unsure as to what to do next. She felt maybe she had interrupted their talk?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

It felt odd hearing that name and Nova knew why. She hadn't heard it in years but the attachment that it had to her never weakened. She smiled though despite these thoughts swirling her mind.

"Hi." Nova responded. "You must be Katherine. I'm Nova."

It felt even stranger hearing the name roll off of her tongue that easily. It felt just like saying any other name but it wasn't just any other name.

message 26: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “You were at the prom? I didn’t saw you! I was very lonely and bored there... the only highlight was the coronation,” Sienna answered to Katherine.

“You were there?” she asked to Nova, turning towards her.

message 27: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine looked at Nova and smiled, her hand rubbing nervously the back of her head. “Hi, nice to meet you Nova! Yeah. My name is Katherine.”

“And yup!” she told Sienna. “I saw how you got the crown and everything! I wanted to congratulate you but...” she thought for a moment. “I wasn’t able to reach you with all the people around and I lost you.” It wasn’t a lie, just maybe... part of the truth.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

"I went but I left early because I wasn't feeling well." Nova responded to Sienna. "Congratulations on getting prom queen!"

"Nice to meet you." Nova replied to Katherine. It still felt weird hearing someone else say that name. Maybe it wouldn't be as weird if they started with different letters. That wasn't really something you could ask someone though unless you were writing their name down.

message 29: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled and shrugged flattered, although she felt that Nova only said that as a formality.

“Oh, I see... Thank you!” she said.

Sienna also felt something weird with Katherine’s answer. The way she said it made her think that she wasn’t saying the truth. It intrigued her what was the reason.

“Well... it’s fine,” she said, but obviously didn’t meant it.

message 30: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments “What are both your plans for the summer?” Katherine asked them. She could notice something with Nova and her. The girl seemed to have... something. She couldn’t quite place it. She was starting to feel a bit unsure of what to do next. In truth, her run and hide instinct was really trying to kick in, but she managed to keep herself normal.

Of course, until she blurted our a question without thinking. “Is everything alright Nova?” She mentally slapped herself. Why has she asked that?!

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"I don't really have any plans besides going back home to be forced to spend time with Henry and my step-mother." Nova answered unenthusiastically. "What about you?"

"Yes," Nova responded. She was alright. It was just odd hearing a name the meant so much to her belong to someone else.

message 32: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna offered a sympathetic look to Nova. She understood the feeling not wanting to go see your family. She had felt it in the past.

“Who is Henry?” Sienna asked slowly. “...if I may ask,” she added.

message 33: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “I’m going home tomorrow... I don’t think I’ll be going on vacations this year, though... we are kinda saving. What about you, Katherine?” Sienna answered to her.

message 34: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments “Oh, okay. That’s good!” Katherine said smiling at nova. Maybe she was just imagining whatever madre her ask the question.

“I’m going to stay here for the time being. I honestly have no plans, maybe just hang around town, write, maybe try my luck at something I’ve never tried... ride my horse a lot...” she said, going over everything he could do. “It’s gonna be fun for a week or so then I’ll probably get bored.”

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

"My annoying step-brother." Nova responded to Sienna. "He's not much older then me and goes to the academy."

"I wish my step-brother would stay at the academy." Nova muttered.

message 36: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna exchanged a worried glance at Katherine. She was awe fully curious about Nova’s situation but she felt that it would be wrong to ask. She didn’t wanted to see her upset, too.

“Hey... let’s have some fun at the arcade together, what do you say? We can later talk about annoying siblings,” she said, giggling a bit on the last part.

message 37: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine smiled. “That’s a good idea! A nice change of the monotony that the last few days has brought, I might say!” She said the last part with a slight mimicking of a British accent. She had answered to fast to consider that she had just answered in a more goofy way than she used to. She hand behave like that in a long while... however, Sienna seemed like a good friend even though she didn’t know her that well. Nova seemed nice as well... so they would probably not judge her or anything. She had to try and act less strained either way. And make friends.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Nova laughed at Katherine's British accent before replying, "I couldn't agree more." She then decided that she would attempt a British accent herself and said, "Before we play these arcade games she we have a spot of tea?" She couldn't help but laugh though after she said that.

message 39: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna laughed with them.

“Very well then~” Sienna added, also imitating the accent, not nailing it, though...

“Where to first? May I suggest the motorcycle racing game?” She said.

message 40: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine giggled and covered her mouth. At first she was surprised as the two girls followed her example and imitated, but then she just started to laugh. “That sounds good!” She told Sienna. She’d never been good at arcade games; then again, she didn’t play often at all!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Nova laughed when Sienna also imitated a British accent.

"That sounds like fun. Do we need tokens? I have some spare change." Nova replied.

message 42: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments “I already bought some, this one is on me!” She invited, gesturing towards the game she referred. It was almost right next to them. It was one of those games that had two fake motorcycles on them, so people could control the bike inside the video game.

She tucked in a token and turned to her friends smiling expectingly.

message 43: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine nodded. “Okay! Sounds great. Since you’re inviting you should play the first round!” She said encouragingly as she smiled.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

“Why don’t you two play first? I have to use the restroom. I’ll be back in a few.” Nova responded before she walked towards the restroom.

(( I’ll wait until Sienna and Katherine are done playing before I post again.))

message 45: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna chuckled, this was the perfect example of the classic game of “who’s more polite”. Of course she wanted Katherine and Nova to go first but she couldn’t stop the latter from going to the restroom.

“Fine,” she said as she climbed one of the motorcycles, looking at Katherine with a grin.

“Loser pays the next game?” She suggested defiantly.

message 46: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine looked at her as Nova left, a competitive grin on her face as she got on the other bike. “You’re on,” she said staring forward, ready to begin. “It’d be unfair when you pay twice though,” she said confidently.

message 47: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna was surprised by Katherine’s answer and she showed that visibly on her expression.

“You’re on!” She told her as she went through the set up and pressed ‘Start’.

Go!

message 48: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments The game began. Katherine had rode in motorcycles before, which of course didn’t translate much into a videogame, but it did help slightly. She had played that one once before and the controls weren’t much of a problem to get used to. She managed to pass Sienna’s in-game avatar and smiled to herself. She was really enjoying herself. Somehow, her competitive self which almost never showed was in full control now and that was exhilarating for her, as she was used to being calm and collected and never too fond of showing her emotions.

“See ya!” She said jokingly at Sienna.

message 49: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna was left astonished by Katherine’s ability. She totally underestimated her. To think that she was going to go easy on her...

She pushed the pedals and went on full-competition mode. She was notas good as Katherine, and being just an arcade game she also was very limited to move.

The whole race she couldn’t get ahead of her, but she always remained dangerously close in second place.

message 50: by Imador (new)

Imador (someoneoncered) | 104 comments Katherine won, barely. As she looked at Sienna her face was genuinely happy. “I win!!!” She exclaimed with her arms shooting up and an excited grin on her face! “But you almost caught up with me!”

She got off the fake motorcycle. “That was fun!” She said. “Thanks.”

« previous 1