Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Poison Princess
Archived: BOM/SGOM > Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole [Start Date: April 12, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Poison Princess by Kresley Cole

She could save the world--or destroy it.
Sixteen year old Evangeline"Evie" Greene leads a charmed life--until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, killing everyone she loves, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future--and they're still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.

But she can't do either alone.
With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can't totally trust Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?

Who can Evie trust?
As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it's not always clear who is on which side...

In Poison Princess, New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole introduces a dark and intriguing world, full of unspeakable danger and irresistible romance.

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in.

message 4: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae Maybe. I am in the minority, but I didn't like Immortals after Dark.

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Apparently this is very different to that series

message 6: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela, are you in?

message 7: by Loriidae (new)

Loriidae I didn't realise it was YA, so not for me. Enjoy!

message 8: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Did you start?

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I only read the prologue last night. It was scary. And I think we have to wait for the end of the book to see what happens?
Did you start?

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Apr 13, 2018 02:38PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oh you've already read the first one.

message 11: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I’m rereading and IMO the beginning was a bit slow...

message 12: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I’m rereading and IMO the beginning was a bit slow..."

I'm on chapter 3, I won't have much time for reading today but I'll read more on Sunday.

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Finished chapter 6

That nightmare was very scary. I have so many questions.
Empress? Death with the armer? The sugar cane trying to protect her? End what? The hunchback boy? Does Jackson knows something too? What did her grandmother knew? Where is she?
I hope I'll get my answers soon.

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments About to start chapter 16, nothing that i wasn't expecting has happened yet. But it has sucked me in.

message 15: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote: "I only read the prologue last night. It was scary. And I think we have to wait for the end of the book to see what happens?
Did you start?"

I agree it was scary but what worries me the most is what she said: “What I believe happened might not be what actually took place.”

message 16: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments There was a lot of character build up for her boyfriend and best friend. I'm surprised they died! Is it possible that they are alive?

message 17: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments It could be but I don’t think so. They would have gone to her house to check on her or she would have seen them when she went raiding with her mom. Which leads me to wonder what was the point of all those chapters before the flash...

message 18: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Then again, Evie has already established herself as an unreliable narrator so... *shrugs* could be they are somewhere out there. It does make me wonder what part of what she’s saying is not true.

message 19: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Huh, this is darker than I remember.

message 20: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments “What I believe happened might not be what actually took place.”

I don't think she's too off the mark about what happened.
I'm on chapter 20
(view spoiler)

message 21: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Does jack has any supernatural powers? I think he does.

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 29

G please tell me he didn't sleep with her ughhhh

message 23: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments ShoSho wrote: "Chapter 29

G please tell me he didn't sleep with her ughhhh"

:)

message 24: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments no I mean it! Tell me if did or he did not! heeheee

message 25: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments He didn’t. How far along are you?

message 26: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I think chapter 30 or 31. (view spoiler)
I'm at work now. I won't read more until I get home tonight.

message 27: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments The cards so far:

Empress

[image error]

The Moon
description

The Fool
[image error]

message 28: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments The images don't show up.

message 29: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Can’t get them to show up. Ugh

Here’s the Wikipedia link

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major...

message 30: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Thanks

message 31: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Apr 17, 2018 03:51AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Just started chapter 40
(view spoiler)

message 32: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Oh well I was wrong but I had the right idea it was just a bit off.

message 33: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm done. I really liked it. If it wasn't for a the pointless first few chapters and a couple of others things, I would have given it 5 stars.

message 34: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I agree, I’m raising my initial 3 stars to 4. Those first few chapters were so pointless. I would’ve preferred to get more of her life right after the Flash. How long did she wait before going to look for her friends? Stuff like that instead of the minutiae of her week before the Flash.

message 35: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Apr 17, 2018 04:09PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I wish the ending wasn't so abrupt.
And yes I would loved more details about after the Flash.

Questions to ponder:
Does she have to kill ALL the cards now? why? Why not just the bad ones? Are there more than one set of cards alive? Or death is only alive because he has killed all the ones from his original set? What happened to the red witch from his original set?
Selena, what does she know? How does she know it?
Is the grandmother alive?

BTW what happens to the girls she rescued? Are they going to protect them or just leave them on their own?

message 36: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I don’t know! LOL Also, why did Matthew warn her about the rain? What’s so terrible about it?

Do you want to wait till next month to read the next one? I mean it’s just us so... :D

message 37: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I hope the grandmother is alive. Maybe she’ll give us answers! At first I thought Jackson was one of the Arcana, but Matthew said he’s not. He’s something though, there were several veiled references to his strength and he seems to have a strong sixth sense. Maybe his bloodline is like Evie’s grandmother, except that his father thought that Jack’s brother inherited special abilities and doted on him not realizing Jack was the gifted one?

message 38: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote:" Do you want to wait till next month to read the next one? I mean it’s just us so... :D
"

No not really:D I just borrowed the next one from my elibrary. I can start anytime. Today, tomorrow?

message 39: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Start the new thread, while I download mine! LOL

message 40: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "Start the new thread, while I download mine! LOL"

On it!

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Poison Princess (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kresley Cole (other topics)