Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > New Books out in April 2018

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Mar 31, 2018 10:15AM) (new)

Icewineanne | 650 comments Mod
Spring is always a great time for new books from your favourite authors. Here’s a list of 5 new books coming out in the first two weeks in April - release dates for US & Canada in brackets;

All the Beautiful Lies by Peter Swanson - Peter Swanson (Apr 3/18) Swanson’s latest, featuring family secrets, revenge & murder

Why Kill the Innocent (Sebastian St. Cyr, #13) by C.S. Harris - C.S. Harris (Apr 3/18) a new Sebastian St. Cyr historical mystery #13, an excellent series, start with the 1st book “What Angels Fear” if you are new to this series

Macbeth by Jo Nesbø - Jo Nesbø (Apr 5/18) a modern retelling of the original Macbeth from the Norwegian author of the Harry Hole series

Pandora's Boy (Flavia Albia Mystery #6) by Lindsey Davis - Lindsey Davis (ebook available Apr 5/18, print edition available Sept 4/18) Historical mysteries set in ancient Rome, in this one a girl is poisoned by a love potion, and then a friend of investigator Albia’s is also murdered, sinister goings on in early Rome

The Cutting Edge (Lincoln Rhyme, #14) by Jeffery Deaver - Jeffery Deaver (Apr 10/18) #14 in the best selling Lincoln Rhyme series

message 2: by Icewineanne, Moderator (last edited Mar 31, 2018 10:29AM) (new)

Another book that was published to much acclaim by new-to-me Australian author Emma Viskic. Her book was published in the UK & Australia back in 2015.....well after years of waiting they’re finally releasing a paperback edition in North America - yeay!!

Resurrection Bay (Caleb Zelic, #1) by Emma Viskic Resurrection Bay (Apr 3/18) this is book #1 in the Caleb Zelic thriller series

message 3: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 108 comments The sad thing is I haven't read any of these authors, but I do have Jeffrey Deaver book on my nook ro read. These do look good

message 4: by Betsy (new)

Betsy | 8997 comments I have just finished another book in St. Cyr series by C.S. Harris, #2 on the list. It's best if you can read them them in order if at all possible.

message 5: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Britney wrote: "The sad thing is I haven't read any of these authors, but I do have Jeffrey Deaver book on my nook ro read. These do look good"

He has a huge following Britney, as I’m sure you've seen - heh heh
I hope you enjoy it when you get around to it. Let me know how you found it, if & when you do!

message 6: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Betsy wrote: "I have just finished another book in St. Cyr series by C.S. Harris, #2 on the list. It's best if you can read them them in order if at all possible."

Believe it or not, i still haven’t started this series yet - It’s about time i changed that. I’ve had the 1st book in my to-read pile for a year now. My friends insist that i must read this series......they’re all major fans. So glad that you’re enjoying this series Betsy 😊

message 7: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Good news for Anne Perry fans! She has the 1st book in a new series coming out on April 10th Twenty-One Days (Daniel Pitt, #1) by Anne Perry Twenty-One Days
This books has received excellent reviews (it was published last year in the UK), finally fans across in the US & Canada will get an opportunity to read this.

Anne Perry writes the popular William Monk & Thomas Pitt series. Her new series is set in 1910 and features Daniel Pitt, the son of Thomas Pitt. While his father was a detective, William is a defense lawyer. It’s been decades since I read an Anne Perry, I’m very excited to read her new series.

message 8: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 12 comments This sounds great Icewineanne, thanks for the heads up!

message 9: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Carolyn wrote: "This sounds great Icewineanne, thanks for the heads up!"

Thanks for dropping by Carolyn. Hopefully you’ll enjoy when you get a chance to read this or one of the others I posted 😊

message 10: by Jo Ann (new)

Jo Ann Reinhold (jwreinhold) | 15 comments There Once Was A Child by Debra Webb
Is it OK to add to this list? Here is a book that was just released April 9th by Debra Webb.
This book is a little out of the norm for Debra by I highly recommend it! There are many good review here on Goodreads.

message 11: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Carden | 117 comments Dead Girl Running (Cape Charade #1) by Christina Dodd https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... the start of a new series-Cape Charade by one of my favorite authors Christina Dodd.

A Devil of a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #2) by Madeline Hunter https://www.goodreads.com/review/show... A nice suspense story mixed in with a romance. In case you want to take a fun break from all those dead bodies.

I will be doing a review of Twisted Prey (Lucas Davenport #28) by John Sandford in the next week or so.

message 12: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Jo Ann wrote: "There Once Was A Child by Debra Webb
Is it OK to add to this list? Here is a book that was just released April 9th by Debra Webb.
This book is a little out of the norm for Debra by I highly ..."

We welcome new additions to the list Jo Ann 😊
I love finding out about new books that interest members. And this sounds like another good one.

message 13: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

Thanks for the reviews Maureen. Always nice to read your thoughts & it helps to decide if a particular new release is worth adding to our tbr lists.

message 14: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

New books out this week include;

The Fallen (Amos Decker, #4) by David Baldacci The Fallen by David Baldacci (Apr 17/18)
The memory man, Amos Decker is back, this time investigating a series of bizarre murders in a small mining town

In Prior's Wood (Max Tudor #7) by G.M. Malliet In Prior's Wood by G.M. Malliet (Apr 17/18) #8 in the Max Tudor series, cozy mysteries in the tradition of M.C. Beaton, Deborah Crombie & Louise Penny

Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell (Apr 17/18)
A new domestic noir from the author of “I Found You”

The Things You Didn't See by Ruth Dugdall The Things You Didn't See by Ruth Dugdall (Apr 24/18)
Another good one for fans of psychological mysteries & hidden secrets