♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
This topic is about Good Omens
Book/Genre of the Month > (Re-read) Good Omens - August 2019

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ipshita (new) - added it

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 2701 comments Mod
According to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies, written in 1655, before she exploded), the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just before dinner.

So the armies of Good and Evil are amassing, Atlantis is rising, frogs are falling, tempers are flaring. Everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon—both of whom have lived amongst Earth's mortals since The Beginning and have grown rather fond of the lifestyle—are not actually looking forward to the coming Rapture.

And someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist . . .

Share your thoughts on this book!

Cátia  Pereira | 25 comments I read the good Omens in January. I really like Pratchett's and Gaiman's work. But to be honest I usually don't read this kind of genre. The only book that really made me laugh was this one: Yes Please .

I got the Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch in the library, because I was completing a task "a book you hope to make you laugh"
To be honest I was hoping for more. I enjoyed some of the parodies, but I only gave the book 2.5 stars.
For me was a waste of time:(

message 3: by Ipshita (new) - added it

Gaiman's books are either a hit or a miss with me, there's rarely anything in between. I haven't had time to read Good Omens yet though :/

message 4: by Ipshita (new) - added it

Good Omens has been chosen as the BOTM for the second time so we'll continue in the same thread.

Share your thoughts on this book!

Emma (marvelruinedmyspirit) | 20 comments I read it recently for the first time (clearly, it was because of the TV show, although it had been on my tbr pile for A While) and I really liked it. I did think that some of the jokes hadn't aged well, but it was written in 1990, so all in all, it could have been worse.
I liked the mix between Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's styles, and trying to figure out which bit must have come from one of the other. I think they balanced each other very well.
In the end the book was not exactly what I thought it'd be (you know how, when you hear about a book for a long time and people summarize it in 15 different ways and you get an idea about it which turns out to be wrong? I don't know what I expected but probably not that) but it was a great read.