Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Ruin (The Faithful and the Fallen, #3)
This topic is about Ruin
The Faithful and the Fallen > #3 Ruin--Finished Reading, Spoilers Allowed

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, There’s no such thing as too many books! (new)

Kathi | 842 comments Mod
It's still March! Jump in if you have finished Ruin by John Gwynne, #3 in the Faithful and the Fallen series.

Suzanne | 212 comments I just finished the book last night. As mentioned in the first thread about it, the book certainly wasn't for the faint hearted. A couple of the scenes were grim indeed!

I did NOT see the Bright Star revelation coming (view spoiler). It makes sense though.

I am so very glad the next book is available. I'm not sure if I can fit it into this month (its the last three weeks of the semester), but I'll have it done by next month for sure. But yeah with the ending in this one, it would have been painful to wait a year!!

Some of the deaths made me so sad.

I can't wait to see how everyone ends up. However, it is grim enough I almost don't want to know because some of my favorites may die - just like they did this book....sniff...

Oh - I was so glad that the box of clay dolls got kicked into the fire. People being controlled like that really bothers me :)

Sorry - the above is a lot of disjoint ramblings, but as you can hopefully see, I enjoyed the book!

message 3: by Maggie, The Malazan Queen of Chaos (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggie K | 1202 comments Mod
I was really bothered by the clay dolls too....felt so horrible for Fidele and what she went through!

Suzanne | 212 comments Yes! And I think the giant was controlled the same way (perhaps) although also by the capture of his wife and son.

But poor Fidele - especially knowing it was happening but being unable to change things - horrible!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Ruin (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

John Gwynne (other topics)