Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Children's Nonfiction > Toby's Tales

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments My "Toby's Tales" series is a semi-fictionalized series that tells the story of a little boy named Toby's adjustments after sight loss. They're based on my own experiences with adjusting to life after losing my sight.

The books are aimed at children, but have been enjoyed by readers of all ages.

There are five books in the series:

1. Toby's New World
2. Toby's Monsters
3. Toby's Outing
4. Toby's Games
5. Toby's Special School

Toby's New World (Toby's Tales, #1) by Victoria Zigler
Toby's Monsters (Toby's Tales, #2) by Victoria Zigler
Toby's Outing (Toby's Tales, #3) by Victoria Zigler
Toby's Games (Toby's Tales, #4) by Victoria Zigler
Toby's Special School (Toby's Tales, #5) by Victoria Zigler

Victoria Zigler

message 2: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments My book "Toby's Special School" is getting some time in the spotlight today: http://peersofbeinan.wordpress.com/20...

message 3: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments Check out a character profile for Toby from my "Toby's Tales" series:

http://peersofbeinan.wordpress.com/20...

message 4: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments To celebrate read an ebook week, the first book in my "Toby's Tales" series is free on Smashwords!

Use the coupon code RW100 at checkout to get "Toby's New World" for free through March 7th 2015

You can find the book here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/...

*Several of my other books are on sale this week too.

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments Linda wrote: "Grab this books for your children they'll surely love them
Baby animals are cuddly and adorable. This pictures book consists of beautiful color photographs of 10 different baby animals. Each one st..."

While the books sound fascinating, can I please ask you to create a thread of your own to promote them, or stick to the general promotion threads, rather than spamming everywhere? Thanks; I'm sure others would appreciate that too!

message 6: by Vincent, Mod & Author (new)

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 1102 comments Mod
I've removed Linda from the group for that sort of activity.

-Vincent

message 7: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments Vincent wrote: "I've removed Linda from the group for that sort of activity.

-Vincent"

I'm glad; the spamming was getting annoying.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments The following books of mine are now available as paperbacks from CreateSpace and Amazon:

Toby's Tales, book 1: Toby's New World
Toby's Tales, book 2: Toby's Monsters
Toby's Tales, book 3: Toby's Outing

The rest of the series will also become available as paperbacks... Just as soon as it can be arranged.

message 9: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments The following books of mine are now also available as paperbacks from CreateSpace and Amazon:

Toby's Tales, book 4: Toby's Games
Toby's Tales, book 5: Toby's Special School

So, that's all the "Toby's Tales" books now available in both eBook and paperback formats.

The eBook formats are available to buy from Smashwords, Apple, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and a few other eBook retailers, as well as to request from libraries
who support electronic lending (you might have to wait for the library to get hold of a copy mind).

The paperbacks are available from CreateSpace and Amazon now, and will be available to request from bookstores and libraries in the next couple of months
(if you request the book from anywhere other than CreateSpace or Amazon, there will likely be a slightly longer waiting period while the book is ordered).

message 10: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments I recently discovered that the books that I've made available as paperbacks are now available to buy in paperback format from Barnes & Noble - along with all the eBook versions, which I knew they carried already.

Just thought I’d let you know, in case you want paperbacks, but prefer to shop at Barnes & Noble.

message 11: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments It's time for the 2016 Smashwords Summer/Winter sale!

To celebrate, the eBook versions of every single one of my books is half price this year... This includes my Toby's Tales series.

You can find the Toby's Tales books at https://www.smashwords.com/books/byse...

So just go to that page, add the books to your cart, and enter coupon code SSW50 at checkout for each book.

Yes. It is the same code for all five books in the series. In fact, you can use that coupon code for as many of my books as you want, and it is the same coupon code for all of them... It works that way because it's a sitewide promotion.

No. The coupon code will not work on other sites. This is a Smashwords only thing.

Don't forget: Smashwords offers a large variety of formats, and most Smashwords authors take advantage of this - I'm one of them. This means that you can buy books from Smashwords in a format that will work for you, regardless of your prefered method of reading eBooks, be it with a spacific eReader, or on your computer. So there's no excuse not to take advantage of this oppertunity to get some eBooks on sale.

Sale ends July 31st 2016.

message 12: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments To celebrate my "Toby's Tales" books being made available in audio, I'm doing some promotion of the series, and running giveaways for the audio versions of the entire series.

To get your hands on free Audible.com or Audible.co.uk copies of the entire five book series, check out my post from Sunday, join me and the narrator for the live Facebook event tomorrow night, or check out the post that will go live on my blog on Friday.

My blog can be found at http://ziglernews.blogspot.co.uk and there's a link to the Facebook event in Monday's post.

message 13: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments If you're interested, a round-up of the blog tour posts for my Toby's Tales series can be found on this post: http://ziglernews.blogspot.co.uk/2017...

message 14: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Zigler (toriz) | 2778 comments I’m delighted to announce that Kindle versions of all five books in my "Toby's Tales" series are now also available directly from Amazon.

Just so you know though: if you can’t find them on the Kindle store for your own country for any reason, or simply prefer to buy from Smashwords, you can still buy Kindle friendly versions via Smashwords too.