Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Introduce Yourself > Willing Beta Reader

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheyanne (last edited Mar 31, 2018 11:09AM) (new)

Cheyanne | 16 comments Hi Emily! I'm currently looking for a second round of beta readers for my paranormal novel which is around 55k words. I was wondering if you'd be interested in beta reading for me please? If so please email me at wolvenstar@hotmail.co.uk where I would be happy to give you more details :)

Kind regards
Cheyanne

message 2: by Matt (new)

Matt | 27 comments Hi Emily,

I also have a project that is in need of a fresh pair of eyes.

My story is speculative fiction, 87,000 words, and 3rd person.

With lots of humor, it follows a late 1800s factory worker who wins a once in a lifetime trip with the fifth-richest man in the world. What starts as a simple vacation becomes the trip of a lifetime.

Feel free to message or email me if you're interested.

Either way, thank you so much for offering to beta read! It is so important for writers, and really hard to find.

-Matt
mattscura@gmail.com

message 3: by J.L. (new)

J.L. | 6 comments Hi Emily,

Up for a YA Fantasy/Sci Fi Novel around 101k words? Don't be afraid, just jump! If you ever want someone to read your manuscript I would be happy to help. I have a BA in English, so I've had a little practice with feedback! I'm just going to leave the description here and you can contact me if you're interested.

Mongrel was taken away from his home and made to be a soldier before he even knew what death was. Now he’s usually the cause of it. And the things he’s done eat away at him most nights

Listen isn’t even her own person but an “it.” A spiritual being called a keeva, gifted with awesome power and knowledge members of the council use to rule their world, Alihreana.
Both are trapped in a destiny they can’t control until Mongrel breaks free.

Mongrel has been forgotten and treated like an object his whole life, now he’s going to do something about it. It doesn’t matter if he dies, he’ll kill the man who sold him into slavery first, Councilman Brehmen Hollifax. Mongrel isn’t out to save anyone, he’s no hero. But he’ll give whatever speech he needs to, sell people sweet lies of revolution, use anything or anyone to get to his enemy. And once he does, he’ll make Brehmen remember who he is.

When Mongrel meets Listen, she’s the perfect tool to get to Brehmen. Listen no longer wants to be an object either. But her power is tearing whatever sanity she had apart. And the revolution that Mongrel created has actually started to work.

message 4: by C.M. (new)

C.M. Radcliff (cmradcliffauthor) | 12 comments Hi Emily,
I have a romantic suspense novel in need of fresh eyes. I was wondering if you were still looking for manuscripts to beta read.
Thanks!

message 5: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Shannon (krshannon) | 2 comments Hey Emily! Hope all is well. If you're still looking for a beta reading project, I am working on a YA sci-fi/fantasy (approximately 90,000 words), "Stitch Me." I'll leave the synopsis below if you're interested!

Sparta meets high-tech in the nation of Idryma, the mightiest military power known to man since the Great Star fell over the Nethers. Its secret, the brutal decade of military training every soldier must endure before calling herself Idryyan, the Upbringing. Upon entrance, soldiers are "Stitched" together: two minds dumped into the same bag of bones. If you want to Graduate - to live - you must compete. You must win.
One body. Two minds. One survivor.