Thoughtless (Thoughtless, #1) Thoughtless discussion

any suggestions???

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Morgan I absolutely loved this book. It took me on such a roller coaster of emotion from beginning to end that no other book has been able to replicate. I have been trying since I read thoughtless to find another book with the same amount of angst and intensity, but I haven't found one yet. Does anyone have any suggestions on books similar to this one, or at least a book that's very emotionally intense??????

Michelle °O° Not nearly as great as the Thoughtless series but I found these books had lots of angst.

True Love Story by Willow Aster

Love's Suicide by Jennifer Foor

Pianisuparse Falling Series - Jasinda Wilder the first book in this series is very emotionally intense.

Breathing Trilogy - Rebecca Dononvan I found had a similar level of angst and intensity to Thoughtless.

Left Drowning - Jessica Park

The Sea of Tranquility - Katja Millay

That Which Destroys Me - Kimber S Dawn. This is a VERY, VERY dark book, so not sure if it will be up your alley. Incredibly emotionally intense and angst ridden however it does not have a happy ending. It gutted me and I was crying for a good hour after I finished it. Still not over it, 8 weeks later, definitely be warned, but it has caused the most intense emotional reaction I have had in any book I have read!
Hope some of these might help.

Gigi Good books I recommend after Thoughtless which is one of my favorite book ever:
The Opportunist (Love Me with Lies, #1) by Tarryn Fisher for the angtsy and twisted story (Book 1-3 of The Love Me Lies Series) I really really love this one
Nothing Left to Lose by Kirsty Moseley it's kind of different but good enough and involves a Secret Yummy Agent and the storyline is amazing
When It Rains (Rain, #1) by Lisa De Jong and incredible story and you have no idea...
Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1) by A. Meredith Walters kind of college gossip crushing love and intense
Collide (Collide, #1) by Gail McHugh i have a crush with the guy, not as much as I have with Kellan
Hope this help you in any way

Gigi Michelle wrote: "Not nearly as great as the Thoughtless series but I found these books had lots of angst.

True Love Story by Willow Aster

Love's Suicide by Jennifer Foor"

I agreed with you, True Story Love was good enough. I just added Love's Suicide to my to-read-list.

Gigi Morgan wrote: "I absolutely loved this book. It took me on such a roller coaster of emotion from beginning to end that no other book has been able to replicate. I have been trying since I read thoughtless to find..."

Morgan, I just finished Almost by Anne Eliot and I like it a lot too.

Gigi Pianisuparse wrote: "Falling Series - Jasinda Wilder the first book in this series is very emotionally intense.

Breathing Trilogy - Rebecca Dononvan I found had a similar level of angst and intensity to Thoughtless.

..."

It's a funny thing thing tht I have Falling and Reason to Breath in Kindle for a long time already and now you mentioned them here. I love The Sea of Tranquility too. I will need to prepare myself for That Which Destroys Me too. I read Arsen: A Broken Love Story, a book that left me conflicted too.

Pianisuparse Gigi wrote: "Pianisuparse wrote: "Falling Series - Jasinda Wilder the first book in this series is very emotionally intense.

Breathing Trilogy - Rebecca Dononvan I found had a similar level of angst and intens..."

Hi Gigi, I'm a bit the same I have all those books you have recommended in my to read. There is just so many books to read, what can we do!

I was not prepared for That Which Destroys Me at all. Some books will say it's not a happy ever after, you read it and it's not too bad so that was what I was expecting, subsequently I ended up DEVASTATED :)

Louisse love me with lies is absolutely the best read of my life. check it out.

message 11: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Louisse wrote: "love me with lies is absolutely the best read of my life. check it out."

Isn't it? I read the series long time ago but I still remember the whole thing like it was yesterday. Absolutely incredible story.

Morgan Thank you all so much for all of your suggestions. Can't wait to read some of them.

message 13: by Dowskiee (new) - added it

Dowskiee That's a tough one! I've also been searching for a book equally as intense but nothing seems to match! All i can think of at the moment is

Beautiful Disaster by Jaime McGuire, although not quite as angsty i have found that it is the only other book that provokes such intense emotions just as much or even more so than thoughtless. Plus, Travis Maddox, you cant go wrong ;)

Lover Eternal by JR WARD. A paranormal one with a gut wrenching end that made me cry

Slammed by Colleen Hoover. The ending especially is very sad although its not caused by a romantic interest.

Take this regret by A.L Jackson. Quite intense and angst-full if my memory serves correctly

The unwanted wife by Natasha Anders was very angsty to my recollection.

Also i haven't read it yet but judging by the reviews i would say Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan seems pretty gritty.

GOOD LUCK
AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANYTHING WORTHY ;p

message 14: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi @Dowskiee

Take This Regret has been in my device forever, I need to read it. I just added The Unwanted Wife to my list. I love love love Slammed, and the BDB series is my favorite.
We have similar tastes, that's great!

Michelle °O° Gigi wrote: "@Dowskiee

Take This Regret has been in my device forever, I need to read it. I just added The Unwanted Wife to my list. I love love love Slammed, and the BDB series is my favorite.
We have simi..."

If the OP is looking for angsty love triangle we should suggest Arsen too !!Arsen: A Broken Love Story

message 16: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher

Dowskiee, Michelle is absolutely right!
I don't know what I was thinking?
Arsen is a must read...

message 17: by Dowskiee (new) - added it

Dowskiee Gigi wrote: "Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher

Arsen is a must read..."

Ohh i have been contemplating Arsen for ages! I'll have to get started on that

Dvcbunny Dowskiee wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher

Arsen is a must read..."

Ohh i have been contemplating Arse..."

Arsen was one of my best reads of the year. You must read this!!

message 19: by Dowskiee (new) - added it

Dowskiee Dvcbunny wrote: "Dowskiee wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher

Arsen is a must read..."

Ohh i have been c..."

Oh now im super excited!!! Although im kinda worried since its about cheating is the main character redeemable?

Michelle °O° Dowskiee wrote: "Oh now im super excited!!! Although im kinda worried since its about cheating is the main character redeemable? ..."
"

The story was awesome and very frustrating at the same time. It's been over a week since I read it I still don't know how I feel about Cathy. But I just loved Ben so much. And then there is Arsen too!!!

But I recommend reading it because misery loves company right? LOL

Dvcbunny Dowskiee wrote: "Dvcbunny wrote: "Dowskiee wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher

Arsen is a must read..."

..."

Dowskiee - I found her redeemable because (view spoiler)

message 22: by Dowskiee (new) - added it

Dowskiee Dvcbunny wrote: "Dowskiee wrote: "Dvcbunny wrote: "Dowskiee wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher

Arsen is ..."

Okay awesome, thanks for that i'll definitely have to check it out then! Its just so annoying though when there is an amazing story but the MC ruins it! But i'm glad that's not the case here

message 23: by Dowskiee (new) - added it

Dowskiee Michelle wrote: "Dowskiee wrote: "Oh now im super excited!!! Although im kinda worried since its about cheating is the main character redeemable? ..."
"

The story was awesome and very frustrating at the same time...."

Haha it sure does ;) Is it just me or is it when a book it frustrating it makes you connect with it and love it all the more? Like it gives you all the feels long after you close the final page haha

message 24: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Dowskiee, "man up" and get into the story. Don't worry, we'll help you coping with all the brain damage here.
hehehe

message 25: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Dvcbunny wrote: "Dowskiee wrote: "Dvcbunny wrote: "Dowskiee wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Arsen A Broken Love Story by Mia Asher

Arsen is ..."

Good point of view.

Sönïa Dhillion The storyteller by Jodi Picoult
don't make me beautiful by elle Casey.
the mistress by tiffany reizs but you would have to read the whole series.

the archer voice by mia sheridan

Sönïa Dhillion 53 letters for my lover by leyah

message 28: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi I've a book or two of Tiffany Reizs in device. I've seen 53 Letters for my Lovers comments from other friends in recent days too.
Thanks, Sönïa!

Sönïa Dhillion This isn't a romance but it is angst. I read Chinese Cinderella: The True Story of an Unwanted Daughter
by Adeline Yen Mai when I was 16years old. I was in tears throughout the whole book not in a depressive way but more angst. We all know about the fairy-tale Cinderella and when I first seen the book I thought it would be the same. But I had a bad habit then . I use to read book that's attracted me by there cover yeah I have heard the metaphor and have changed my ways but I am glad I gave the book a chance. Its so much insight .

Sönïa Dhillion Gigi wrote: "I've a book or two of Tiffany Reizs in device. I've seen 53 Letters for my Lovers comments from other friends in recent days too.
Thanks, Sönïa!"

Yeah I said tiffany reizs because her series has its moments of angst but the mistress 4th book in the series was more angst you got insight into Nora & Soran relationship .

message 31: by Dowskiee (new) - added it

Dowskiee Gigi wrote: "Dowskiee, "man up" and get into the story. Don't worry, we'll help you coping with all the brain damage here.
hehehe"

Haha thanks

Michelle °O° Gigi Dowskiee.... I know you have alot of books to read but you need to add another to your list

Black Lies Black Lies...you will be blown away ;)

message 33: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Michelle wrote: "Gigi Dowskiee.... I know you have alot of books to read but you need to add another to your list

Black Lies Black Lies...you will be blown away ;)"

I already read it, an amazing story.

message 34: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Gigi wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Gigi Dowskiee.... I know you have alot of books to read but you need to add another to your list

I already read..."

Another that im reading & good Falling In (The Surrender Trilogy, #1) by Lydia Michaels

Dvcbunny Gigi wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Gigi Dowskiee.... I know you have alot of books to read but you need to add another to your list

I..."

Gigi - I loved the Surrender Trilogy. Scout was a great MC. How do you like it so far?

message 36: by Mary (last edited Sep 09, 2014 08:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary Addicted to You and Calloway Sisters series by Ritchie sisters (follow recommended reading order)
Avoiding Series by KA Linde
Carnage and Carnage 2 by Lesley Jones
Shine not Burn by Elle Casey
True Love Story (totally agree with previous poster)
Lick by Kylie Scott (and sequels) (David is as close to Kellan as any other Rock Star lead)
Good and Better by S. Walden
Falling Stars Sadie Grubor
Deeper/Harder Robin York
Connected Kim Karr
Unsticky Sarra Manning

message 37: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Dvcbunny wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Gigi wrote: "Michelle wrote: "Gigi Dowskiee.... I know you have alot of books to read but you need to add another to your list

Black Lies Black Lies...you will be blow..."

I'm loving it, girl!

message 38: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Mary wrote: "Addicted to You and Calloway Sisters series by Ritchie sisters (follow recommended reading order)
Avoiding Series by KA Linde
Carnage and Carnage 2 by Lesley Jones
Shine not Burn by Elle Casey
True..."

Nice list, Mary! Addicted is definitely addicting. The Avoiding series was amazing. I remembered suffering with Lexi, geez. Love Lick. True Love Story was really good too. We like same books...

Tanya My all time favorite series. Beautiful disaster. Fallen to far. Sempre. On doublin st. Mighty storm. I haven't found anything I love more. Hard to beat kellan and sc stephens.

message 40: by Gigi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gigi Tanya wrote: "My all time favorite series. Beautiful disaster. Fallen to far. Sempre. On doublin st. Mighty storm. I haven't found anything I love more. Hard to beat kellan and sc stephens."

Great books and agree. I haven't read Fallen to far & Sempre yet though i have them in my ereader for a long time.