What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fiction/coming-of-age about two girls who were writing a book together about themselves pretty much, but what they were writing was set in Ancient Greece

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rosalynd (new)

Rosalynd (scarfy189) | 2 comments The library-bound cover was light blue with (I think) two girls in Ancient Greek clothing riding horses.

It was about two girls who were writing a book together about themselves pretty much, but what they were writing was set in Ancient Greece (hence the cover). I vaguely remember one girl having some kind of traumatic family incident and one of the two (it may have been the same girl) had her first sexual encounter, but I don't remember what kind it was bc I was 8 or 9 and incredibly confused.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Rosalynd, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

Can you tell us more about the two girls - how they met, rich/poor, their families, etc.? Are they famous mythological or historical characters?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Plot details added to header.

message 4: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2059 comments Bumping this because I'm curious and haven't managed to find any possible titles...

message 5: by Etta.n (new)

Etta.n | 93 comments Long shot but The Saskiad possibly?

message 6: by Rosalynd (new)

Rosalynd (scarfy189) | 2 comments okay so i’m pretty positive this is “snail mail no more” and i just completely made up half the plot in my head??? it wouldn’t be the first time this has happened lol but if anyone finds a better guess please let me know!

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37777 comments Mod
Do you want to call this Solved, or leave it in Unsolved?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Saskiad (other topics)