Torment (Fallen, #2)
This topic is about Torment
Torment by Lauren Kate

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 16 comments Torment by Lauren Kate
Hannah Lee Ann Larkin

The Torment book is a Romance and Mystery and if you are a romantic type of person or a person that like the substance of what going to happen in the book you should read this book. The main character of the story is a girl named Luce and who a guy named Danial and they are in love with each other. The Setting of the story is Sword &Cross where they went to school where Danial and Luce meet for the first time. Also Danial had to moved Luce to Shoreline because someone was going after Luce. She didn’t know why she had to move to a different school she was angry and confused on what was going on. Also she was sad because they had to be split apart and not see each other for a while. The conflict of the story is that Luce and Danial are being split apart and they can’t see each other because the people that are going after Luce will find her and they will take Luce away.

I think that it is a good romance and mystery book. It has a lot of characters and that it kinda connects with high school situations. Also that there a lot of love scenes that happen in the beginning of the story and through the book. There is also a lot of substance in the book that you can’t put the book down. The plot of the story is how they had to be split apart and find a way to get back together again. Another plot that happen at the end of the book is that the outcast people found Luce. The writing style was good because it went between person to person and it had a good ending to the book and there was a lot of action that went on in the book. The organization of the book was good, but some parts of the book was crazy because it kept jumping everywhere like it talks about one thing to another. Also another thing that was not organized is that when you get to the end of the chapter it talks about a different topic and they don’t finish on what happen in the next chapter. The pace of the story was good and it goes a nice pace and they don’t talking fast. I think the ending of the book is good and it leave you hanging because you must find out what going to happen in the next book cause all these books are series and there are 5 books that you must read to find out what happen at the end.

message 2: by Erika (new)

Erika Thorsen | 47 comments Mod
I got the idea that this book was a fantasy novel, but your review doesn't mention any fantasy elements. Maybe I was wrong. . .? Or are Luce and Daniel special in someway? Do they have powers or anything? Is the school for a group of certain types of people (like Hogwarts is for witches and wizards) or just a boarding school of some type?

message 3: by Destiny (new)

Destiny Kley | 11 comments Why is someone after Luce, or is that revealed later on in the book? It sounds like the plot is always moving and changing. Are the scrambled parts easy to follow after you figure out how it changes? Torment sounds like a great read and one that you can't put down!

message 4: by Asia (new)

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments My favorite genre is romantic suspense, you said this book was a romantic mystery but was it action packed?

message 5: by Jami (new)

Jami Wallace | 14 comments Sounds like a great book.
What was your favorite part of the book? And who is your favorite character of the two, Luce or Danial?
What is something that you would've changed if you were the author? (Plot, characters, etc.)

message 6: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 16 comments Jami wrote: "Sounds like a great book.
What was your favorite part of the book? And who is your favorite character of the two, Luce or Danial?
What is something that you would've changed if you were the author..."

I think I like the mystery parts in the book and the Romance part to between Danial and Luce, also I like the end of the book cause you get to find out what happen. I think my favorite character is Both because I like both of them and they make a really great couple. I think I would change the story cause some of the story is confusing and it jumps around everywhere but I thought it was a good book.

message 7: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 16 comments Destiny wrote: "Why is someone after Luce, or is that revealed later on in the book? It sounds like the plot is always moving and changing. Are the scrambled parts easy to follow after you figure out how it change..."

It is revealed later in the book and I don't want to give it away and people have to read it to find out what going to happen. Kind of because the book get confusing sometimes but some of them are easy to follow up on. but it also kind of hard to follow it cause it jumps around sometimes in the book.