Seeing Red
This topic is about Seeing Red
Seeing Red - Sandra Brown

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asia (last edited Apr 20, 2018 01:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Seeing Red by Sandra Brown
Reviewed by Asia Paige Verbrugge

It's the anniversary of the Pegasus bombing and Kerra Bailey, a successful local television journalist, is searching for a story like no other. She is seeking the chance to interview Major Franklin Trapper, an American hero who, 25 years ago was photographed heroically saving a group of survivors from a Dallas Hotel. This included a mysterious and unknown little girl. Unfortunately for Kerra, The Major has shied away from speaking to the press for a number of years. Her only hope of an interview is talking to his son, a private eye named Trapper, to try and coax him to persuade his father. When the Major finally agrees to the interview, he is brutally shot by a suspicious man. Kerra and Trapper then begin to investigate the shooting and its roots back to the bombing of the Pegasus. As the story continues, the mystery becomes more complex, a budding romance evolves, and the truth of the Pegasus bombing begins to uncover.

Seeing Red is an exhilarating and romantic suspense story that will have you turning the pages to see what comes next! My favorite character has to be Trapper. His personality is so spunky and hard-headed on the outside, but as the story develops further, we see that he truly has a heart for those who are close to him. The plot changes kept me engaged and I got through the book quickly. The only downside of the book was that it had many similarities to Brown’s Mean Streak. For example, the personalities of the main male characters in both stories were almost identical. Especially the way they interacted with the main female characters. Brown could improve by making her future work more diverse from her previous ones.

message 2: by AnaRose (new)

AnaRose Haley | 9 comments This book sounds really interesting. Is it young adult fiction or nonfiction?

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan | 12 comments The plot seems quite interesting. If I do read this book, I'll also read Mean Streak to discover the similarities that you talked about.

message 4: by Asia (last edited Apr 20, 2018 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Anarose wrote: "This book sounds really interesting. Is it young adult fiction or nonfiction?"
It leans more towards adult fiction. It has topics and scenes more fitted for an older audience. Brown tends to make her characters in their late mid-twenties to the late thirties, and that tends to be the typical age range or older of her audience. However, I think it could be quite enjoyable for teens.

message 5: by Asia (last edited Apr 20, 2018 01:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments Dylan wrote: "The plot seems quite interesting. If I do read this book, I'll also read Mean Streak to discover the similarities that you talked about."

I enjoyed Meansteak even more than Seeing Red. Its actually my favorite book right now and one of Brown's best. The similarities are more of a critique of her as an author of many works, rather than the individual stories themselves. I would highly recommend both.

message 6: by Isaiah (new)

Isaiah | 11 comments i got lost